Thread: Discussions about general strategies

Discussions about general strategies

A. FORMATIONS

What general formation do you recommend between 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2 ? And why ?

4-1-2-1-2 : GK-DL-DC-DC-DR-DMC-MC-MC-AMC-ST-ST
    normal mentality - passes through the middle - pressing on own pitch - normal tackling - short passes - zonal marking - no offside trap - no counter attack

4-3-1-2 : GK-DL-DC-DC-DR-ML-MC-MR-AMC-ST-ST
    normal mentality - passes by middle and flanks - pressing on whole pitch - normal tackling - short and long passes - zonal marking - no offside trap - no counter attack

B. MENTALITY AND COUNTER-ATTACK

At home:
    - If the opponent is weak, I play with offensive mentality, without counter attack
    - If the opponent is medium or high, I play with normal mentality, with counter attack
    On the outside:
    - If the opponent is weak, I play with offensive mentality, without counter attack
    - If the opponent is normal, I play with normal mentality, with counter attack
    - If the opponent is strong, I play with defensive mentality with counter attack

How do you do usually ?

C. HAND- OR LEFT- FOOTED

In general, I always try to buy players who play with both feet: ST and AMC, and even MC.
    Do you think players who play both feet bring something?
    For corners and free kicks:
    - at left side, I use a left-footed player
    - at right side, I use a right-footed player

What do you think about that ?

D. CAPTAIN

Which players should be captain? The players with the most stars, the olders, the most expensive ? How many captains do you name ?
    I name the players with the most stars but I have no evidence.

E. BONUS MONEY

There are 4 levels of bonus money. The first level is zero and the fourth level is the maximum. Do you think the fourth level is useful ? Big sums of spent money are useful ?

F. PLAYER CAPACITIES

I train my players to try to get these stats :

- GK : DEF +10, ATT+0, COND:+0
    - DL-DC-DR-DMC : DEF +6, ATT+0, COND:+6
    - ML-MC-MR : DEF +0, ATT+0, COND:+0
    - ST-AMC : DEF +0, ATT+6, COND:+6

What do you think about that ? And you, how do you improve your players ?

Thank you for your reactions, and good match.
    Last edited by HypnoticBear; 11-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.