Thread: Some advice needed on a defeat

Rookie

Some advice needed on a defeat

Hi, i just lost my level 2 Champions League final 4-1 and to be quite honest, i am struggling to see why my formation doesn't counter his quite well at both ends. I'd appreciate some experienced guys posting their thoughts on it

Some advice needed on a defeat-cl-final.jpg

His team and formation on the left, blue stats, mine on the right and white stats.

I should say that i understand the standard counter to his formation is i believe the 3N-1-4-2. I played that against him 10 days ago when he didnt have his 2 scout players and lost 3-0....He bought the 2 scouts 4 days ago (come on man!).

Obviously here i'm playing down the middle where i have a numerical advantage. My midfield trio on the left hand side are there to help cover the space left my the absence of an ML, my ACM is 26 quality, my best ML is 20 and therefore would have been easily the weakest player, hence why i wanted to play my ACM.

Surely my midfield would have a numerical advantage to create chances with short passing, there's plenty of players there to crowd and get to his MR and my DCM is there to help get to his MR and to help with his scout CF on that side.

Can anyone with more experience see the fundamental flaw that i've clearly missed so i can learn from it and not do it again, cus i genuinely felt my formation was pretty much perfect to counter all the key threats he had.

Many thanks in advance
    G

I think you are missing someone at left ... and he could had direct all his attacks at that side
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Rookie
    but i've got a DCM, a CM and an ACM there to go and press his winger. Even if he pushes him on so my ACM is out of range, do you not think i've enough players in range?