Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Alexandre Labrecque
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By Alexandre Labrecque

Thread: 3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen

Rookie

3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen

I expected to do a bit better with all the knowledge gained here and the experience of my first 6 season team but nothing quite like this.

I won the double with ease in season one, starting my new team right as the season changed over and snatching up the best nordgens. Only 2 of which are still with the team now but one is a bleeping monster ST.

Season 2 I did a partial teardown, keeping the 9 best players and 5 bums to help with the draw. It was still a difficult run, losing twice in the CL group stage to the same team I met in the final and defeated. My first ever treble.

This season looked to be far more difficult. I did a bit to lower my cup draw but the core of my team remained so it wasn't easy at all.

Add to that having two very good league opps. One of which people have seen me banter with on here. He especially put up one hell of a fight. Gave me my 3rd and final loss of my 1st 3 seasons in the first meeting. Going into match day 25 he was all of 1 point and -5 GD away from me. He did have to face the 3rd place team that time (all 3 teams had better than +120 for the season) which ended in a draw. That left him 3 points back heading into our match on the final day but with a steep 9 GD gap to make up. The drama didn't hold up as I won 4-0 to end as league champions. 1

The striker previously mentioned followed up his 59 G 30A 2nd season with a massive 74G 20A campaign this season. He now sits with 172 goals in 30 seasons for me after signing on day 1 for the new team as a 9 yr old nordgen. In the past two seasons he has produced 183 goals in exactly 100 matches......insane for me. I'm sure people have examples of better but I haven't seen anyone close personally. He fell 2 shy of producing 2 per game this season.

I will post my stats as well as trophy case (obviously doesn't show league yet but will show standings page).

3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen-s03-final-1.jpg3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen-s03-final-2.jpg3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen-s03-final-3.jpg3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen-s03-final-4.jpg
    nikolgiorgos and Paul Dahlin like this.

Good record. If you won all this due to managing skills and effort, then good for you.

losing twice in the CL group stage to the same team I met in the final and defeated
    This is something that has been seen here before. Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Bunzo likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Lol you lost in league, get rekt

seriously good job tho

French lol

Rookie
    I as well have 8 pieces of hardware after my first 3 seasons:
    Season 1: 1st in league, 1st in cup.
    Season 2: 1st in league, 2nd in CL, 1st in cup.
    Season 3: 2nd in league, 1st in CL, 1st in cup.

Alexandre, your season 3 league record is outstanding!

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Tactician will quit the game on 23/08/15.
    Last edited by ByloBand; 08-22-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Good record. If you won all this due to managing skills and effort, then good for you.

This is something that has been seen here before. Coincidence? I don't think so.

It had a whole lot to do with that manager buying an entire 22 man team of scouts to start the season. I play with all nordgens. start each season about 6* and by seasons end I have a starting 11 of 7-8*s

At the group stage his scouts at upper 6* were a bit better than mine and he won two 1 goal matches there.

By the time the final came he still had basically the same exact players, they train very slow. I had surpassed him by quite a bit. It was still a solid match but I won. Not much mystery there.

As for the first reply I am not a 35T manager but not a heavy token buyer either. I spent about $30 this season. I spend a ton of time doing all I can to farm packs and tokens. It is hard to do in the US but I do okay, just takes a lot of time. This season was very hard due to facebook videos vanishing so I felt a lot more satisfaction still winning the treble.

That guy who beat me twice in the CL btw owns 2 of the 3 losses I have sustained combined over 3 seasons. 126-14-3 combined with 653 GF to 75GA. As you can see this season I finished 5 goals shy of a full 10/1 scoring ratio (265GF 27GA).

As a quick side note. I have done all this without ever having a player reach 8*s. Not one time for even a day. This past season my highest skill player ended at 42Q, not even 7.5* and produced 94 goals (74G 20A)
    Last edited by Alexandre Labrecque; 08-23-2015 at 05:18 AM.
    ByloBand likes this.

Rookie
    3rd season, now 8 tropies in 8 competitions for Olympique Rouen-screenshot-19-.jpg

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Lol you lost in league, get rekt

seriously good job tho
    It was a tough opp. He was less than 1* below me. I beat him 4-0 on the last day to clinch the title so it's all good.....It was also the 3rd and final loss in 3 season spanning all 3 competitions. Not too many have a stretch where they avg 1 loss per season in league/CL/Cup combined...... 3 losses in 143 matches ain't bad sir

Thanks for the congrats.