Thread: Unsigned player stays in the squad for 7 more days?

Unsigned player stays in the squad for 7 more days?

I have a player whose contract will expire at the end of this season, which is today...
    I was wondering, is he gonna leave immediately tomorrow or he's gonna stay in my squad for a couple of days in the next season? I saw a post by some other member who said that the unsigned player will remain in squad for another 7 days in the next season. Is this true?

Yes its True.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yes its True.
    Thanks July

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Yes your player will appere next season into your team but they won't be able to play till you won't sign a contract with them.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Yes your player will appere next season into your team but they won't be able to play till you won't sign a contract with them.
    Ok, and will I be able to sell him, before I sign the new contract?

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    No you can't.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    No you can't.
    What do you think, should I sell these players now or wait for tomorrow when there's lot of people bidding?

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKovac View Post
    What do you think, should I sell these players now or wait for tomorrow when there's lot of people bidding?
    If you want to SELL these players, they have to be under contract. Once that contract expires, you can't get money for them, they will become free agents. So if you want money for them, you'll either have to sell them today, or else renew their contract next season and then sell them.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

So this 7-day window is almost like a restricted free agent period (much like the NBA)? So the positives are:
    1) during the first 7 days of the new season, nobody can sign him except you
    2) gives you some time to calibrate your team's needs by evaluating the transfer market
    3) effectively extend the new contract by 1 year. In other words, if you wanted to sign him all along, by waiting to sign him in the first 7 days of the new season (e.g. Season 2 is new season), the new contract will expire at the end of season 4 (instead of end of season 3 if you had signed him at the end of Season 1).

Is that correct?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by violetmind View Post
    So this 7-day window is almost like a restricted free agent period (much like the NBA)? So the positives are:
    1) during the first 7 days of the new season, nobody can sign him except you
    2) gives you some time to calibrate your team's needs by evaluating the transfer market
    3) effectively extend the new contract by 1 year. In other words, if you wanted to sign him all along, by waiting to sign him in the first 7 days of the new season (e.g. Season 2 is new season), the new contract will expire at the end of season 4 (instead of end of season 3 if you had signed him at the end of Season 1).

Is that correct?
    I think you're right but let's wait for someone who is certain of this information.
    Dragons FC

Season 1 - 1st place
    Season 2 - 1st place