Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: A question for all you pros out there....

A question for all you pros out there....

When do you use the "normal" mode? What other settings typically accompany it? I've been using defense and attack successfully, but i'm not sure in what situations I might use the normal mode.

Thanks!

VIP
    If it's dangerous to sit in your box, but you don't want to risk to push forward hard... I usually switch to normal when opponents start creating more chances than I expected, especially shots from distance... You still have space to play counter attacks...

or run the trap?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I usually play defense/counters even if I have a better q team or have 3D +1 DMC.
    This works different than the real football games when a weaker team park the bus and trying maybe to score with 2-3 counter attacks vs a strong opponent.
    If I want to reverse a negative 1st leg result and I 'm loosing the qlf or to get a big score against a very weak team, then I go for attack.
    I set normal when I 'm not sure and waiting to see the process of the match.
    i don't use offside cause I don't know if and how it works (no comments, no stats and even live animtd doesn't help because it's only for a part of the game)
    I only set it when I 'm loosing, I'm desperate to win, set attack or hard, many red arrows, just as another emergency button.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I usually play defense/counters even if I have a better q team or have 3D +1 DMC.
    This works different than the real football games when a weaker team park the bus and trying maybe to score with 2-3 counter attacks vs a strong opponent.
    If I want to reverse a negative 1st leg result and I 'm loosing the qlf or to get a big score against a very weak team, then I go for attack.
    I set normal when I 'm not sure and waiting to see the process of the match.
    i don't use offside cause I don't know if and how it works (no comments, no stats and even live animtd doesn't help because it's only for a part of the game)
    I only set it when I 'm loosing, I'm desperate to win, set attack or hard, many red arrows, just as another emergency button.

If you're getting hit with the trap several times during a match and want to prevent it, what are your settings recommendations? Defensive/Pressing Style Low? Any formation changes?

Sometimes I'll get caught in the trap 4-5 times during a match. I know my opponent is running it, but I can't seem to avoid it.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Logic saying defense, counter attacks, attackers (ST & AM) with better M&P than oppo.
    * but not long pass if oppo using DM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Normal best vs counter attacking formations. I would use zonal marking as man to man could distort your shape too much. You can avoid the trap by having high defensive stats on your fwds and not using red arrows on your attacking players. Players will always go offside but are more likely to using long passing.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 09-11-2015 at 07:45 AM.

A question for all you pros out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Pitches View Post
    When do you use the "normal" mode? What other settings typically accompany it? I've been using defense and attack successfully, but i'm not sure in what situations I might use the normal mode.

Thanks!
    Normal is what I use most of the time with mixed passing focus, short passing, zonal marking. I find it good for ball possession and creating chances while minimizing risks.

I only change to adapt to specific situations because 1- I build my team around a game plan with midfielders 2- my team generally has more quality than opponents.

Exceptions?

An opponent has an attacking formation and has too much fun taking shots against my keeper although I think my team is better. I will switch to Attacking, using my possession to take the game to them.

The opposite may happen with Defensive mode against better teams only. Then, I switch everything to Defensive with long passes.

Otherwise, Normal is the way to go for balance.
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-11-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Rookie
    I use hard attacking unless my opp is my equal or better.

This season I have scored 172 goals and allowed 14 (5 of those came in the last 4 games where I did not attend and players were exausted).

This is my 4th season with this team and I have won every single competition so far with 825GF to 89GA

Mind you this is not with a bunch of token buying. I spend about $20 per season. I have not had a single player reach 8* at any point in these 4 seasons and this season I have only one 7* player so far.
    Last edited by Alexandre Labrecque; 09-11-2015 at 04:24 PM.