Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Samuro

Thread: i can't decide and I need good advice.

i can't decide and I need good advice.

I have a must win match for next season promotion. I am currently sitting 7th with 2 points clear of 8th and 9th. 8th place has a walkover opponent and a better goal differential, hence the must win. Earlier in the season I went 4-3-3 defensive middle long vs my next opponent and this was the result.
    i can't decide and I need good advice.-vmatchs5d13.jpg

My squad is slightly improved and i have chosen this formation against him this time around at home.

i can't decide and I need good advice.-vopps5d29.jpg
    i can't decide and I need good advice.-vsquads5d28.jpg

As you can see, i have next to no usable subs, so hard tackling is out of the picture. Based on his previous match stats, I predict him to be running normal/offensive mentality with long passing and easy/normal tackling, likely forcing counters. What i can't decide is do I go normal/offensive trapping high and short/man-to-manand use my possession advantage and risk tiring out my squad and risking long balls down the flanks or do I go low defensive with mixed middle no trap zonal maybe counter attacking and hope that my wingbacks and dmc can win battles and create good counterattacking possibilities?
    I'm seriously torn and I can't decide usually these decisions are quite easy for me. I rarely have to gameplan for opponents using long passing.
    I've been training 3 players all season with my parent squad planning on this team being promoted and it's down to the wire. I realize this should be in formations and tactics but people rarely check or contribute on that forum and the game is being played in 11 hours and i could use some suggestions. i hope I've provided enough info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i can't decide and I need good advice.-vsquads5d28.jpg  

Which one is your team and which one is your opponent ?
    Shwan Chalabi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuro View Post
    Which one is your team and which one is your opponent ?
    was wondering same thing too !!!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Why put Ortega & Scibillia as DM with blue arrows
    You 'll loose some (maybe useful) % in ball possession (with only 2 D and 1 player oop).
    Better have them as DL & DR.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Make the thread FAO VIP...

oh yeahh missed the arrows .. yeah his team is the one down
    how did it went?
    Last edited by Shwan Chalabi; 09-19-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwan Chalabi View Post
    oh yeahh missed the arrows .. yeah his team is the one down
    how did it went?
    Ahhhhh, yes yes... we missed that simple detail...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Why put Ortega & Scibillia as DM with blue arrows
    You 'll loose some (maybe useful) % in ball possession (with only 2 D and 1 player oop).
    Better have them as DL & DR.
    Nikol is right.. Anw, why dont you read tactic guide first ? Say if even though your strategy is legal and there is no penalty its just a weird strategy one... Yes yes, they make many triagles, but it just doesnt make sense...