Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is this cruel?

Is this cruel?

Selling a mediocre player with 1 point to go before 25 (scout to a level 1 manager) and watching the bid frenzy?

Is this cruel?-thomas-haller-auction.jpg

Finally sold him for 1.61m. Could have been a lot higher. I had at least a dozen people bidding in the fourth round. It finally died down in the 7th.

Get in mah coffers!

Why mediocre? Maybe for you, but on level 1 that player has high 5 starts. Any player who lacks 1sp to become scout is more cost-effective than scout, unless you start endless bid war for him. Less tokens you spend on auction for such player, more cost-effective he is. Players like that one are always wanted, no wonder there were many bidders. I have over 300 tokens on mine account, but I would never buy scout.
    There are no cruel auctions, there are only stubborn players which are willing to pay big amount of tokens just to get some player.
    Färnebofjärdens likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Mediocre in that his market value to skill ratio is low. When I buy young players, I look for a market value 100k times the skill average. So, for a player with a skill average of 24.93, I'd be looking for around 2.5m market value. This particular player gains skill points at roughly half the rate of some of my top prospects, who can easily gain 5-6 levels (75-90 skill points) in a season, without spending tokens.

Generally speaking, the higher the value per level, the faster the player trains. That has been my experience, and it has been confirmed by numerous people on this forum.
    Last edited by William Hummel; 10-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.

It seems I've misunderstood you, sorry.
    I now understand what were you talking about, I've spent over 30 seasons playing TE. I agree with you, "the value per level, the faster the player trains". Yes, you would look for 2.5M player of same quallity and age because of growth, but also because you know more about this game that average level 1 player who has no clue about game. Fast trainers are better on long term, they save money and more important, tokens (if you get lucky on auctions). Even experienced players which took new teams and decided to restart their career avoid such expensive players on low levels. Why? Because for 2.5M they can find and buy 5 experienced 5* players for their team. Low levels have the greatest difference in value between fast trainers and slow growth players.
    Meanwhile I'm playing on level 23 and there are minimal differences in value, so it is hard to spot fast trainer. Ordinary players here are worth 106-107M, fast trainers 107-108M so their growth is unpredictable.
    Last edited by t11_fan; 10-03-2015 at 11:44 PM.
    Ex top eleven player

Talking about bidding frenzy, I'd like to have been a fly on the wall watching this auction of one of my players this evening...

Is this cruel?-ben-de-wree-214m.jpg
    t11_fan and Killroy like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Its neither cruel or unusual.

Its quite clear you are new to the game as you seem to think these every day events look to be unreal and amazing and have never been seen before, but for those that have played the game for any period of time can confirm, the screenshot you put in the OP isn't anything special. In fact, its not even unusual or rare.

There are tons of auctions for what look like rubbish players that go way past 10/20/30 rounds. Even getting to 50 rounds isn't overly rare.

Once you get an auction going over 100 rounds then that's when its interesting - but even then we have seen them go much higher on here before, sometimes up to and around 200 rounds. Getting 2/3 people fighting it out at round 4 and having an auction run to round 7 isn't anything to get excited about.
    Gert Funck and Kylos like this.

Famous
    I'd be willing to go 5-10 rounds for a slow trainer with a valuable rare duel role (assuming player has a decent form history).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 10-04-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

@pcmacdaniel
    I've similar transfer strat; 1-3T for ordinary player - 1 position or 2 position "often model" (like d/aml-ml/r,dc-dl/r, dc-dmc), sometimes I bid up to 5T if player has useful special ability (like free kick or corner for mildfielders and attackers). For 3 position players I bid up to 10 tokens because for same amount of tokens I can choose player on negotiations and get tokens back if seller don't accept bid.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

@ t11 fan

druze, citam sta je napisao Hummel.
    da li si ti ikada imao igraca da dobije 75-90 skli poena u toku sezone? ali odmah da se razumemo: bez ludackih treninga pa oporavka crvenim koferima ili intenzivnih treninga sa zelenim koferima? znaci samo tekme i normalnih treninga.
    jer ako je ovaj lik u pravu probacu da kupim nekog preskupog. jer ako taj igrac moze da dobije zvezdicu svake sezone pa cak i vise taj se isplati samo tako!
    jedino sto je posle mozda problem da se taj proda.
    ФК МЕДАК II - 62 x Liga; 33 x Liga Sampiona; 21 x Kup; 3 x Super Liga: 2 x Super Kup
    nastupi: Frisanco (AMR) 771, golovi: Frisanco (AMR) 768; asistencije: Frisanco (AMR) 522

@lespa
    Uu ne služi me sjećanje najbolje, igram TE preko 30 sezona, s tim da imam skoro svo vrijeme 2 tima tako da sam imao stotine igrača, tko bi ih sve popamtio.
    Međutim, jedan koji mi je ostao u sjećanju je bivši golman mog glavnog tima kojeg sam kupio u prvoj sezoni tad je imao kvalitetu 64 (5 zvjezdica) i napredovao je iste sezone do skauta kvalitete 68 bez bustera uloženih.
    lespa likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast