Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Home grown players

Home grown players

I signed probably one of the best youths I've seen and will ever see.

A 4 star 133Q RB/DMR and I trained him to surpass my current 5 star RB within 30 minutes.

Quite pleased to finally get a decent youth from the academy and have a fast training youngster I can keep for many seasons ahead.

Do you have any players from the academy and how have they performed for you?
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-05-2015 at 02:02 AM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    This is something I do, IF there is a spot for better (18 to 24T) youth I do try to get them.. I am (mostly) willing to train them and usually keep them many seasons. Very rare to get a dud, they all have played pretty well, though some were too slow to keep as long as I would have wished. I just wish they came as slightly better Q.. !
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    This is something I do, IF there is a spot for better (18 to 24T) youth I do try to get them.. I am (mostly) willing to train them and usually keep them many seasons. Very rare to get a dud, they all have played pretty well, though some were too slow to keep as long as I would have wished. I just wish they came as slightly better Q.. !
    My current RB is a decent player with 7's and 8's and sometimes 9 ratings but at 26 wasn't going to last long. He even managed a few goals which is always good. I just hope my new youth can live upto that and repay the faith in putting in him.

I also bought a nordgeon from market. 18 yr old with penalty ability at 136Q already at 138Q but my scout is first choice so will be partnered or backup. Not a bad investment for 1T

Famous
    I always use my academy, here's one of more successful youth players, sadly retired now.
    Home grown players-kerr5.jpg
    Brian Dang and Killroy like this.

Wow he lasted 11 seasons and gave him an ability? Now that's a local hero

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Wow he lasted 11 seasons and gave him an ability? Now that's a local hero
    15 seasons, a true 'one club' legend!

That's what I want with my RB, a long career and one day make him captain. I named him Nathaniel Clyne haha
    gogs67 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    That's what I want with my RB, a long career and one day make him captain. I named him Nathaniel Clyne haha
    It's far more difficult with defenders as their progress slows down rapidly as they age. 5 or 6 seasons is probably about the most you can expect a top defender to stay competitive.
    With a striker (who has Free Kick special ability as well), as long as he scores regularly then he will pick up many 'man of the match' awards.
    Good cup runs coupled with playing every league game can mean almost 50 games in a season.
    Say he gets motm in 15 of them, that's around 30 extra skill points he wouldn't have got otherwise without training and green packs.
    This enables a very good forward (ST, AM) to stay ahead of the ageing process, for at least a few seasons longer than a defender.
    Bunzo likes this.

Portuguese Forum Moderator Paivinha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I always use my academy, here's one of more successful youth players, sadly retired now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kerr5.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	56679
    This player is a legend for Top Eleven, this type of player are rare, but largely depends on the coach the way they are using in the field and training.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Paivinha View Post
    This player is a legend for Top Eleven, this type of player are rare, but largely depends on the coach the way they are using in the field and training.
    I was in the middle of posting exactly the same thing when you posted, see my reply above!
    Paivinha likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast