Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Thats an achievement bud, well for me it is.. Especially if you havent spent money on tokens etc. I hate it when I face higher level opponents in the CL, in all fairness a level 24 team should face his/her same level even if their quality is way better, Im pretty sure there is other managers on my level with a same/higher team quality. Cup I can understand but not CL. At the end of the day this is a game but should be more realistic.
    Im happy with reaching semi final because of the financed alone. It will probably be the same story next season. Maybe my above average non token buying team are too good for my level haha

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I did that this season in the cup, as my opponents were of a higher level than me just like you, I would play my second team in the league on cup days and keep my main team for the important match.
    Your case, Cup is always very normal..Nothing special..i always face even 3 levels higher in Cup BUT not in CL for my 26 seasons even with my main team Brian Dang FC (level 26)...

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    All my subs and reserves are 5 star quality I think I will do it again next season and maybe keep 4 4 stars and eventually turn them into one stars lol.
    Lol, hopefully next season you get a better draw, you did well to get to the semi-final with teams stronger than you in the champs, I thank you sir

OK Brian, I was only trying, to explain my situation in the cup of death and dying, El Pistolero was flying, his opponents were crying, this guy was fighting like a savage hungry lion
    Last edited by Sakura; 11-13-2015 at 12:47 AM.
    Brian Dang and El Pistolero like this.
    Level 18

17 league titles

14 cups

14 Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Im happy with reaching semi final because of the financed alone. It will probably be the same story next season. Maybe my above average non token buying team are too good for my level haha
    During the season I try my best to train my players to reach 6* so the following season they atleast 5* and try train them thereafter. Buying tokens is a waste IMO..
    El Pistolero likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Lol, hopefully next season you get a better draw, you did well to get to the semi-final with teams stronger than you in the champs, I thank you sir

OK Brian, I was only trying, to explain my situation in the cup of death and dying, El Pistolero was flying, his opponents were crying, this guy was fighting like a savage hungry lion
    Omg what a post :')

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    During the season I try my best to train my players to reach 6* so the following season they atleast 5* and try train them thereafter. Buying tokens is a waste IMO..
    I share the same philosophy. Why buy a team full of 29 slow trainers than train home grown, 18-20 year olds, especially when they are your best players. Unfortunately it seems T11 punish us for it even though it's smart business.

Smart business to put your team in an impossible cup before your season even starts? I used to run 20 man squads of full 5 and 6 stars but keeping them all season to season is bad business.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Smart business to put your team in an impossible cup before your season even starts? I used to run 20 man squads of full 5 and 6 stars but keeping them all season to season is bad business.
    I've noticed the teams in the CL above have around 4 or 5 subs but not much to change a formation so maybe this is the best method.

You're better off rebuying 3-6 players a season after day 3. Unless you are getting the cream of the crop nordgens your subs will fall off in quality because of not getting enough games excepting you have a strict rotation schedule of all your players. That being said, you need at least 18 functional players to compete in all 3 competitions without using a ****load of green packs.
    El Pistolero likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    You're better off rebuying 3-6 players a season after day 3. Unless you are getting the cream of the crop nordgens your subs will fall off in quality because of not getting enough games excepting you have a strict rotation schedule of all your players. That being said, you need at least 18 functional players to compete in all 3 competitions without using a ****load of green packs.
    I wait until day 3 to buy, next season I will line up using the diamond and switching to 4-5-1v to counter formations. I think I'll favour a more attacking approach. I'm too rigid with 4-5-1v.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast