Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Heavy tackling

Heavy tackling

I usually have my defence set for normal tackling but how often is it likely that your players are yellow or red carded when switching to hard tackling? At the moment it is only a random question as my team are doing okay so far, but there are times when attackers get through my defence quite easily and score, luckily my players are able to score more.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I think is something you have to test on your own. Maybe depends on players too but I also noticed that quality is important on this. Usually teams who have low possession / low quality will make more faults.

I have easy tackling but my players are still making faults.
    Steve285 likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve285 View Post
    I usually have my defence set for normal tackling but how often is it likely that your players are yellow or red carded when switching to hard tackling? At the moment it is only a random question as my team are doing okay so far, but there are times when attackers get through my defence quite easily and score, luckily my players are able to score more.
    for the last 2 seasons..wif hard tackling..mostly every match i have 1 or 2 yellow cards..very very often...
    Steve285 likes this.

Famous
    Agree. In the old days, it was very useful to set tackling to "hard" but if you want to have 11 players on the pitch for the cup final (unlike me...), forget that. Keep this for very difficult games or desperate situations.
    Steve285 likes this.

Thanks guys

Hard tackling is like 2 yellows minimum if you run it the whole game against a equally rated team.
    Steve285 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Three seasons ago I used hard-tackling throughout the season, and got fewer cards that season than I had before or since - there was a run of 13 days when I got no cards at all...
    Steve285 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

If you are dominating possession like 70-30, ref usually doesn't penalize you harshly.
    Steve285 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I had a game that was going nowhere until I changed just one order. Tackling to hard and it was enough to help me score 2 goals.

If he has key players like a 6* left midfielder vs your 5* right back etc etc hard tackling can kill their game.

Use it as a panic button, watch your tackles+ possession.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    for the last 2 seasons..wif hard tackling..mostly every match i have 1 or 2 yellow cards..very very often...
    1,2 cards I get even with easy tackling
    Steve285 likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast