Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Back to basics?

Back to basics?

...I'm thinking of dropping the main Casuals team as of the end of this season, as it appears that either there is something inherently wrong with it or Nordeus somehow has got it in for them.

League match this morning, at home against team higher in table but about 2Q lower, with full stadium and my presence (only), 13% possession advantage. At the first rating reporting, instead of showing ratings in the range of 6.5-6.8 as usual, all of them were 6.5 and were then immediately marked down to 6.1-6.2, and the opposition immediately scored, and again about 5 minutes later. Long story short, nothing I tried made any difference, 0-3 down in the second half and at 70 minutes the 'assistant manager' reported 'Well that's it, why don't we rest our best players for the next match?'. Final score 1-4.

That is the latest in a long line of results of that sort (albeit without the immediate markdown) in the past three seasons where a 6* squad with a few 5* reserves has had superiority in quality over the opposition, formation set to counter opponent, manager presence possession advantage, 99% fitness and all morale superb, do absolutely nothing, and frankly, I'm getting right fed up with it.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    ...I'm thinking of dropping the main Casuals team as of the end of this season, as it appears that either there is something inherently wrong with it or Nordeus somehow has got it in for them.

League match this morning, at home against team higher in table but about 2Q lower, with full stadium and my presence (only), 13% possession advantage. At the first rating reporting, instead of showing ratings in the range of 6.5-6.8 as usual, all of them were 6.5 and were then immediately marked down to 6.1-6.2, and the opposition immediately scored, and again about 5 minutes later. Long story short, nothing I tried made any difference, 0-3 down in the second half and at 70 minutes the 'assistant manager' reported 'Well that's it, why don't we rest our best players for the next match?'. Final score 1-4.

That is the latest in a long line of results of that sort (albeit without the immediate markdown) in the past three seasons where a 6* squad with a few 5* reserves has had superiority in quality over the opposition, formation set to counter opponent, manager presence possession advantage, 99% fitness and all morale superb, do absolutely nothing, and frankly, I'm getting right fed up with it.
    I'm having the same thing talisman on my last CHL match that I lost 1-0 was felling hopeless as the team didn't respond and the assistant is not helping I am thinking to switch off.
    Last edited by FVS0777; 11-30-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Talisman, my whole League had only 2 set of results.

Top half of fixture list (morning/afternoon games) finished 2-1 to home side, the evening/night games (including me) finished 1-1.

I know on the rare occasion it's possible but for a game based on dozens of factors it's almost impossible, right?

Back to basics?-image.jpgBack to basics?-image.jpg

Also these are my stats from that game

Back to basics?-image.jpg
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-30-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    FVS0777 and talisman like this.

Famous
    I am at a lower level but to some extent, I faced the same problem as taliman. I am the best side, I started with 2-2-3 run agaisnt the poorer sides. Was thinking of dropping the season and tanking. Then, suddenly, 8 wins in a row... But nothing changed, same tactics, same players, same position and on top of that, same rating. My players got a 7.1 average rating when I lost to a team 12 Q points below me. And now, when I win 4-0 against the 2nd, it's about the same... It feels like they are playing with me. Frustrating.

No talisman, just see the next season. If they fail again, then maybe it's time to leave one of the most popular clubs in the game.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I had it last season. Dominated the match and lost or played equal. Wait till next season

I'm going back to basics I used play 4-4-2 against any big team, stronger, or I felt I need to do something different to win, this season I played a lot of 4-5-1v and few other formation but not much of 4-4-2 but I am going back to it.
    Last edited by FVS0777; 12-09-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Rookie
    I feel you Talisman. I'm facing the exact same problem. Team filled with 6* and 7* players, dominating matches, more shots, higher possession - but still drawing or losing to weaker teams. It's frustrating! Probably that's how Mourinho must have felt when Chelsea lost to Bournemouth
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.

Update - Palace Casuals performance (League) up to the initial post in this topic:

Pld: 14; W: 4, D: 3, L: 7

From then to now:

Pld: 9; W: 4, D: 3, L: 2

I cannot see what has changed to cause the 'improvement', but it obviously looks better. Most of the 'successful' results have come from matches against teams higher in the table with level or higher Quality (ie matches where I wouldn't have been surprised by a 'negative' result), the others from matches where the end result belies the opposition's lower Quality or table position (ie matches where a 'negative' result of suitable severity might spur a post in the 'Vent' thread).

Still considering going back to a lower level with a new team, but that depends on the next few results...
    Brian Dang likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Right, the last three matches produced another win and two draws, making a record-busting (for the last three seasons, anyway) 8 match unbeaten run to finish off the season with. While by no means ideal, the season overall record (W9, D8, L9) has prompted me to continue with the Casuals for one more season - well 30 seasons managed does sound a lot better than 29... We'll see what next season holds and see if we can get the Casuals out of their Level 26 hell.
    Last edited by talisman; 12-21-2015 at 08:55 PM.
    Gert Funck and Duncton like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast