Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sons of Pitches

Thread: Countering with same formation

Countering with same formation

I'm a novice when it comes to Top Eleven and my team consistently struggles when a competitor is of close quality to mines. I've used various counter formations I've seen on here and had mixed results, mostly negative. I was wondering if it actually works to use the same formation as the person I'm competing against...since my players are better. Would this work?

Addicted
    i only use one formation...since my season 2...now season 7...still the same thing~ haha~
    well, i try some before...but the result is bad...so i change it back to the same no matter what~

Well I used narrow diamond against narrow diamond and won 3-0. Having the right counter formation isn't enough. You need the right orders too.

They go hand in hand. For example, the diamond. People say you can play mixed flanks, and you can, but it's a waste. You can play mixed passing but playing short with AMC in close proximity with the strikers, short passing works a treat.

So work out the right orders for the formation you use and eventually you will get it.

I usually just set up my defense to block where I think they are passing the ball and my offense to pass where they are lacking on defense. For example with the narrow diamond, If your opponent is using this formation they are most likely passing through the middle since that's where all of the players are positioned. So I 'll set up my defense as Dc-Dc-Dc with a DMC. My offense is all set up to be wide with a AML/AMR and one striker. My passing would be set up for mixed down the flanks.

My midfield is also typically set up to mimic my opponent. With the narrow diamond you need to cover the to MC's as well as the AMC & the DMC. Your DMC covers the opponents AMC so you should have at least 3 more players at midfield to equal things out.

My other settings all depend on the other factors of the match. Is it a home game or away. Is my team stronger than my opponents. etc.

Make sense?
    Last edited by Sons of Pitches; 12-22-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by newcreed View Post
    I'm a novice when it comes to Top Eleven and my team consistently struggles when a competitor is of close quality to mines. I've used various counter formations I've seen on here and had mixed results, mostly negative. I was wondering if it actually works to use the same formation as the person I'm competing against...since my players are better. Would this work?
    I'd recommend to use the same formation rather than changing it every match. The players will become used to it and should perform better. Good formations—
    4-5-1 V
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    DMC
    MC-MC
    AMR-AML
    ST

5-2-2-1
    DR-DC-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AML
    ST

4-4-2
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    MR-MC-MC-ML
    ST-ST

3-2-3-2
    DC-DC-DC
    DMR-DML
    MC-MC-MC
    ST-ST

3N-5-2 flat
    DC-DC-DC
    MR-MC-MC-MC-ML
    ST-ST

3W-5-2 V
    DR-DC-DL
    DMC
    MC-MC
    AMR-AML
    ST-ST

4-3N-2W-1
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC-MC
    AMR-AML
    ST

4-2-2-2
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AML
    ST-ST

4-3-3
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC-MC
    ST-ST-ST

4-2-3-1
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AMC-AML
    ST
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.