Thread: suggestions for better cup format

Apprentice

suggestions for better cup format

just came back from holiday. got shocked when i found out that i played same level opponent in the first round of cup. good thing i won. but i'm not expecting to go far in cup this season. especially when i'm not allocating points since last season. i appreciate the good intention behind the new format. but as mentioned in earlier threads, it's not fair to managers who work hard (or pay a lot) to build a great team. so i would like to propose a new format which i think would be fairer than the current one. you can also provide your suggestions in this thread.

here is my humble suggestion:
    teams should be grouped together based on band of levels (level 1 - 5, level 6 - 10, 11 -15). this is fair as everyone has a chance to be at the top level of the band 1 out of 5 times. so there is equal opportunity for everyone to succeed in cup. token players also have a chance to beat higher level teams.
    Last edited by jtcfmb; 03-13-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Apprentice
    the number of levels to be banded together can vary. 5 levels is just an example.

I came up with this suggestion 6 months ago, I dunno why they never used it.

I call this the 'Level Banded' Format. It would be the fairest way to run the Cup to all players.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

*Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    hehe. i didn't see that. i voted for option 3. it is now leading w/ 46% of the votes. i think it is the best format. thanks.