Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: assistant manager gone mad

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    What is more funny is when you follow his advice by adjusting the settings, your team concedes 1-2 goals, and then just after you follow the next advice, your team concedes again.
    I know what the real match situation is, I just ignore any advice he gives about it, unless it's a general tactical comment...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Playing yesterday the 2nd leg of F8 Cup .
    I was secure from the first leg result, I was out so didn't bother to watch the game.
    The game engine decided to troll me and the as.man. said his wise comment for another time

assistant manager gone mad-cup-final8-assistant-troll.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Playing yesterday the 2nd leg of F8 Cup .
    I was secure from the first leg result, I was out so didn't bother to watch the game.
    The game engine decided to troll me and the as.man. said his wise comment for another time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUP final8 assistant troll.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	108620
    That's strange... I had a similar situation. I was present in the 2nd Leg, and was subjected to the usual AM tirade about attacking so we don't get knocked out, etc...

assistant manager gone mad-s34-cup-tr-qf-cd-isla-christina.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    "We are the weaker team. We should concentrate on defence and protect the draw."
    Seems Mr Cockwomble Assistant doesn't know the rules of the Sticker Album (spend ALL your greens!) competition either.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    a.m. noticed the hat trick of A.Roben but not the six goals of Van Nistelroy
    At least he won the motm

assistant manager gone mad-vn-6-goals.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    What is more funny is when you follow his advice by adjusting the settings, your team concedes 1-2 goals, and then just after you follow the next advice, your team concedes again.
    Other than the occasional crazy observations, the AM's advice usually helps me. More often than not, when he says we shouldn't tackle so hard, the opposition will earn a free kick. A quick change to easy tackling will prevent that. If the AM suggested I slow down from attacking, and I don't, I will usually concede not long after. This is why I just follow the AM's recommendations these days.
    king7eric likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Assistant Manager was strangely silent about the tie situation during the 2nd Leg Cup match today, I thought he'd had his mis-reading of the 1st Leg score fixed. But I was sadly disabused late on...
    Yes, it's clearly programmed wrong.

It is adding the two HOME scores together vs two AWAY scores, not taking into account the teams switch for each game.

So in the screenshot, you are up 7-0 on aggregate, but it thinks the aggregate score is 4-3 because you scored 4 goals as the HOME team and 3 goals as the AWAY team.
    Imaqbman likes this.

The AM is now giving weird match reports now too.

On the one hand he said my keeper wasn't motivated enough (full morale and win bonus as high as possible so not idea how that could be) and then on the next line states that he made some great saves.

Think the AM's 2 best friends are Johnny Walker and Ron Bacardi.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    a.m. noticed the hat trick of A.Roben but not the six goals of Van Nistelroy
    At least he won the motm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VN 6 GOALS.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	112192
    I think Gert and I established quite early on in this topic that he has difficulty counting past three, and not even that far sometimes...

No, really?

assistant manager gone mad-am-advice-s37l13.jpg

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425