Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I think I know what's going on

I think I know what's going on

So, Nordeus is punishing me for something I did. But for what?

How do I know I have been blackballed? I had a strong start: something like 20 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws. I was on top of the league by 8 points and making my way through the cups.

Then everything changed overnight. I am winless in six official games: 2 losses, 4 draws. I squandered the league lead and got knocked out of both cups. The guy who knocked me out of the cup plays in my league and is in the 10th place; I had beat him 3:0 on his ground in the league play before my so called cold streak began.

I lose to the teams whom I used to beat and whom I outclass. I just barely tied the team in the last place, which I outclass by 8 points. Before the match, I made sure to check how he did in the previous round. The 3rd place guy (same Q as me) spanked him 6:1. I copied the winning formation just in case. I played at home. 0:0 at the half. He scored early in the second. I changed formation to 4-5-1V and went hard attacking. I scored one goal. Then my MC grabbed two YCs at 84 and 89 minute and it was all over. This is pretty much when I knew.

There is only one explanation: I stopped spending tokens on players. Don't need to, don't want to.

They went Pavlovian on me. They want to see if I push the right button in response to the electric shock (or whatever Mr. Pavlov did to the dogs). They want to see me go on a buying spree and spend down some tokens. Somehow, in the end it's always about the tokens.

Tell me I am paranoid. Or tell me if you can see the correlation between your own cold streaks and reduced token spending.

I don't want any new players. Can I just rename someone or reschedule some matches?
    Last edited by ponzu; 01-28-2016 at 11:35 PM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    So, Nordeus is punishing me for something I did. But for what?

How do I know I have been blackballed? I had a strong start: something like 20 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws. I was on top of the league by 8 points and making my way through the cups.

Then everything changed overnight. I am winless in six official games: 2 losses, 4 draws. I squandered the league lead and got knocked out of both cups. I lose to the teams whom I used to beat and whom I outclass. I just barely tied the team in the last place, which I outclass by 8 points. The guy who knocked me out of the cup plays in my league and is in the 10th place; I had beat him 3:0 on his ground in the league play before my so called cold streak began.

My quality is up, my team is optimized, I know more than ever knew about formation and orders. I give top win bonus, I won my last three friendlies 5-0, 17-0 and 6-0. 17:0, people! The most ever. But in competition play, clearly Nordeus has decided that I am going to lose. You know how it goes: my posession and passing numbers are where they should be, but my players grab red cards or get injured, or just get otherwise trolled.

Why?

I have only one explanation: I stopped spending tokens on players. Don't need to, don't want to.

They went Pavlovian on me. They want to see if I push the right button in response to the electric shock (or whatever Mr. Pavlov did to the dogs). They want to see me go on a buying spree and spend down some tokens. Somehow, in the end it's always about the tokens.

Tell me I am paranoid. Or tell me if you can see the correlation between your own cold streaks and reduced token spending.

I don't want any new players. Can I just rename someone or reschedule some matches?
    Not gonna say u are paranoid, but I think the game engine change from time to time, I have I good team and usually dominate my matches, but talking about this season I lost two games and draw two so far, one particular day I lost 2-0 and had a draw in the same day and I couldn't do much my tatics and tricks didn't work and was against a weak formation on defense 3w-1-4-2 so I stop and think next day I have to do something different more carefully to make sure my team morale and form doesn't go down, because I believe the worse thing its make a good team perform well when the form its bad, so IMO try to fix where you see a problem.
    El Pistolero and cookizzz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FVS0777 View Post
    fix where you see a problem.
    But that's the thing. I don't think there is anything I can do to win. After going winless in 5, and having a quiet day, I played three friendlies. I edited this part out because the post was too long, but I see that you copied it.

5-0, 17-0 and 6-0. 17-0 was my highest ever. The morale was through the roof as a result.

There is no doubt in my mind that Nordeus wants me to lose. Not forever, but at this point in the season. The only questions are "Why?" and "What am I supposed to do?" I am looking at the transfer markets. I guess I can hold ST tryouts. They seem to play well for a 4-5 games after acquisition.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

Well I don't want to buy strikers not so soon I rather buy wingers than ST, good luck.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by FVS0777 View Post
    Well I don't want to buy strikers not so soon I rather buy wingers than ST, good luck.
    for ST, i think need to see the height, i prefer someone like 1.9Xm and can shoot either foot.... this may help scoring...
    my sub ST, a fast trainer, 18 yrs old... so far play 9 league game, most are sub in, score 4 and 3 assist~ i got another one yesterday 19 yr old, play one league today, score 1, 2 assist ~ both height are over 1.9 and either foot~ i have 5 ST right now, but 3 of them can play other position, AMC, AML, AMR for each one and all of the play as AML, AMC, ST, my two ST only sub, only sub in if i need more men in the box~

We're not going to make this an ST discussion thread. I bought an ST, fast trainer, he had 4 goals and 3 assists in the first 3 matches. Then leveled off. Currently 8 goals and 4 assists in 13 matches. I bought another to keep him company. Fast trainer he may be, but he is 0 and 0 in 4 matches. First guy 192cm, right footed. Second is 189cm, right footed. I assumed height, weight and footedness are completely cosmetic, but the tall guys is playing better. I wills sell the shorty and see how the next one does.

Let's try to stay on topic.

This season I was about mid table, struggling to get more than 1 win. I kept drawing games, it was crazy.

Now, I have 7 draws and 1 loss and won all the rest. Currently 2nd. My rival hadn't lost a game until 2 days ago until I beat him. Now he's lost 2 in a row. This is the guy that beat me at the start of the season and I'm turning it around and just 5 points behind him.

I have a very very good chance of winning the Cup and I'm leading the first leg in the CL game QF. I didn't think I could do it but I'm turning it around.

Now, a few seasons ago I was in a similar position to you. Won most but drew 2 and lost 0. Suddenly in the last 6 games I kept losing and drawing and I couldn't understand it. I finished 3rd that season with a 2 point difference between me and 1st. I was gutted.

I believe systems and tactics change from time to time. What might work one week won't work so well the next. I don't believe they would be naive enough to affect the ones who buy tokens. Surely it would be the other way wrong to pressure non token buyers like me to actually buy to increase my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I don't believe they would be naive enough to affect the ones who buy tokens. Surely it would be the other way wrong to pressure non token buyers like me to actually buy to increase my chances.
    I don't buy tokens, I get them from sponsorships + I fulfilled a few advertised requirements to earn tokens. I am sitting on 36T and watch it slowly grow (from sponsorships) for the next season. I don't think Nordeus differentiate token buyer from token earner. I think they may be targeting non-spenders.

Do you get your ass man advice saying with better quality we could of won this?

I'm not too sure Nordeous are smart enough to catagorize token buyers/non-token buyers/not using saved tokens.
    If they could do that then the bugs this game has would be gone

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Do you get your ass man advice saying with better quality we could of won this?
    No. Do you? He says many stupid things, but not that.

Alright, let's say Nordeus is not punishing me for not spending tokens. Why then?

What does it mean "systems and tactics change from time to time"? How does the team that was rolling for the first half come to a dead stop like this? Am I supposed to start playing offside trap against teams with attacking midfielders now? Reverse the arrows? Throw away the table of counter formations?

I was prepared to make the argument that while I was enjoying myself and my success, others have been busy buying and training players and have caught up to me in quality. But when I failed to beat the 14th place team who is 8 Q points below me I knew it was not my opponents I was up against, but Nordeus.

It's not one bad match that makes me say Nordeus is killing me. One bad match can be a troll. Six bad matches is something else.

"Systems and tactics change from time to time". Perhaps. But I copied the formation that a guy in 3rd place used yesterday to clobber my opponent. I went with everyone at high morale (thanks to all the friendly wins) and rested. Could the wrong orders account for the difference? Again, it's not just one troll match that made me start this thread.
    lespa likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast