Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Timmy Tee
  • 1 Post By Raykco

Thread: This may be the last straw

Dreamer

This may be the last straw

I really don't think I can be bothered with this game after the new update.

I have 2 teams both of which have played about 45 seasons. The trouble is I have a job. Often game times clash with my work, but up until now it hasn't been a big problem, I could just have a quick look at my teams and organise them as I wished during a quiet moment, before or after work, or even during a break.

But now things have changed.

The game takes an age to load, then it can't connect and takes about three attempts before I can get in there. Quite often it disconnects for no apparent reason.

I know that the game takes longer to load if I don't keep the cookies on my computer, but as I sometimes log in from other PCs, I prefer to use "incognito mode" and wipe all cookies afterwards.

Memory
    Whilst my PC is not the greatest, it is by no means bad, I'm running windows 10 with 8gb RAM, I have a 30mb connection and usually am about 2 metres from the router. Still, loading Top 11 freezes everything and doesn't allow me to work while loading the game.

The matches
    What do I find when I finally get there? First of all I have to turn off the sounds yet again. Then I look and find that in the league I have been beaten by a last second goal AGAIN! This has happened in every league match so far, whether I was watching or not. Whether the other manager was watching or not.

Training
    The new training thing is fun, but if you can't dedicate a lot of time to it you are at a disadvantage. If you can't watch the game, you can't employ the bonus boosts, again, seriously putting you at a disadvantage. It is over complicated and time consuming. Making it essential before your next match, I believe to be a bad mistake.

Transfers
    I hate the lack of filtering on the transfer auctions. Previously you could filter out all the 3 and 4 star players, then view the 5 stars and order them by quality, time, etc. Now it's very difficult to read.

Summary
    The game I used to enjoy is now an endurance test to load and once loaded really is not much fun any more.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my demographic profile, Nordeus is in grave danger of losing old clients like me through this update.

I'm another long time player (season 47), but I'm now only going through the motions. I would have the time (if I had the new version), but I've got much better things to spend my time doing. This used to be a good game, now its just a pain in the neck.
    sparklinginsilence likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Ya new update ruined the PC version .... Made it laggy and training became complicated and tough and u said right about bonuses (present in live match)
    And don't have time to invest in training.....

Yes, I second that, but nordeus has no motivation to make it simple - it wants to attract players for a longer period of time during the day, although those are usually not heavy token buyers - at nordeus they go after microtransactions + video watchers.
    The problem is that even with its faults it is still the most fun football manager - so it takes something to do the mature decision and leave it to the kids.

I have not seen the new version and won't ever do, because I'm not prepared to download extra stuff to my pc, just to play the game, so I can only comment on what I've read from other players on here.

Now, I maybe wrong, but it seems that now, you can apply bonus stuff to your team, while the match is in progress, to boost your players. If this is the case, then I would assume that this could be classed as legalised cheating. This is supposed to be a football simulation and giving players boosts during a match sounds rather suspicious. In real life, a manager can alter formations, tactics etc, which we have always been able to do in a live game. However, what exactly is a training bonus? The only thing I can think of, is its some kind of illegal substance that will suddenly improve a player's performance.

Are the devs really promoting cheats on the football field?
    LONDON CITY

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I 'm not against people who don't like the new version but you're wrong about this

In real life, a manager can alter formations, tactics etc, which we have always been able to do in a live game. However, what exactly is a training bonus? The only thing I can think of, is its some kind of illegal substance that will suddenly improve a player's performance.
    Are the devs really promoting cheats on the football field?
    Offside trap or counter attack it's something that a coach and the team working to develop in the daily training and then perform into the game.
    It's not just a on/off button, so about football simulation, I think it's more realistic.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

But surely that would come under the TACTICS part of the game, which we always have been able to do. Changing to counter attack or playing offside would not boost a player's performance, as the BOOST BONUS suggests.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I 'm not against people who don't like the new version but you're wrong about this

Offside trap or counter attack it's something that a coach and the team working to develop in the daily training and then perform into the game.
    It's not just a on/off button, so about football simulation, I think it's more realistic.
    LONDON CITY

The target group is obviously changed. Those of us who have a job or/and family, lost the fun of the "flash" game. I think it is time for the kids and people with a lot of free time to take over. It is not bad, it is just Nordeus policy! Good luck with those new game users...