Thread: Training older players

Training older players

Is it even worth putting older players through training? Players 28/29+

It seems that you are only risking injury and reducing fitness for match games. I'm thinking of leaving these guys on rest and just training the rest when applicable. They get very few skill points and I'm likely to sell them at end of the season for replacement anyway.

Rookie
    I do sometimes, depends how important they are and the fixtures. I sell them if they do get injured 4+days.

Better not to. They risk bigger percentage of injuries and the progress earned is really low compared to the condition lost.

Yeah thought as much. They're never going up a star by that point. Will just keep them fresh in case I need them as subs etc during games.

i never train the old ones on my squad, better having them 100% for games than get injuries for nothing, they win nothing training
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

You would probably only be able to again around 1 or 2 quality per player at this age for training over a course of a season, I bought a 29 year old but at 5*78 quality and when I sold him 2 seasons later he was 4*81 so he didn't do too bad while he was 29 and 30 while at my club.

Plus he scored about 25 goals from ML for me while I was in L11 and L12 and he was only bought for 1T from transfers so he was one of my best bargain transfers I ever had.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*