Thread: Bonus boost - explain please!

Rookie

Bonus boost - explain please!

Hi all.
    I just wonder if anyone can explain the new bonus boost feature to me. Thanx in advance.

By training hard (and smart) you earn up to 10% bonus for each of 4 categories. In every match you play that day, you get the benefit of that bonus. Your attack is a little stronger, you defense is a little better, your possession is a little more, your condition falls off a little slower. If you are watching a game, you have the power to boost any one of these bonuses by 50%, i.e., from 10% to 15%, for a period of time. As the boost expires, you get to decide which bonus to boost next depending on the game situation.

I often boost Attack once or twice in the beginning. If I am leading after that, I often boost Possession or, if statistics are already skewed in my favor, Defense. If I lead by 3 goals or more, I boost Condition.

I guess you get to boost between 3 and 4 times per game. Sometimes the game messes with you by saying it was too loud for your players to hear your orders, therefore denying the boost, but after a short while it lets you initiate boost after all. This delay can mean the difference between 3 and 4 boosts. I am not sure if I have ever boosted 5 times.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Rookie
    I have tried boosting condition first and have found my lads have scored more goals in the final stages of the game. I am hoping it's down to higher fitness levels but that's probably just wishful thinking.😁

Rookie
    Thankyou. But, how do I boost during games? Is there a "Boost" button that I have missed? Or how does that work?

There's a boost screen during the live view (bottom button). On that screen, you can select which boost you want by pressing the green buttons on the right side.

Rookie
    Thanks a lot!