Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

Day 24 - Palace Casuals Cup report.

Having seen the make-up of the Final opponent, the Casuals Management decided that they didn't mind if the team lost the Semi-Final, it would only save them embarrassment later... So the away 2nd Leg Semi-Final match saw the Casuals side packed with reserves, and was the lowest Quality team fielded this season. You can never rely on anything in this game, and the team had a mind of its own and managed to overcome the odds and win 1-0, Massimiliano Gerini scoring the goal which gave Casuals a 2-0 aggregate qualification for the Final.

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-cup-hl-sf2.jpg

Cup Final draw finalised

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-cup-final-draw.jpg

The opponent

Season 77 - Week 4-ac-milan-squad.jpg

...all Casuals need now is a coach-load of Trolls to turn up for the Final and they've got a chance...

Now the good news - as the 2nd place team lost in the League today, Palace Casuals are League Champions without even kicking a ball in anger...

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-l29-league-round-22-top.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 03-29-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

The battle for CL is getting bloody. At the moment I am in the right spot.

Season 77 - Week 4-screenshot_2016-03-29-18-44-26.jpg

Season 77 - Week 4-img_20160329_184521.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

My quest for the triple treble has come to an end. Knocked out of the cup by a team with identical quality (69.7 vs 69.7). 1-1 on away leg. 2-2 on home leg. Still on track for a double.
    reddeviljohn, ponzu, lespa and 1 others like this.

Miracle

After I got back from work today (reason why I missed league match), I found out Celtic lost league match which had bad impact on chances to get back in CL in the next season. Celtic finished as 6th in the last season so after this mornings defeat I thought season is over, but I was wrong. In the 1st round of the Cup 1/2 finals we suffered crushing defeat 5-1 away. After that match almost all hope was gone so I said to myself - All in! Go big or go home. Something big happened, because Celtic won 5-0 in the 2nd round. This heroic victory sends us in the Cup finals.
    Wooohooo

Ex top eleven player

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Disappointed, after 9 points advantage I come at 3 points only and a very bad performance of my team... Come on team...
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Another double yellow in just four minutes
    reddeviljohn likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

With 4 games to go, the LEAGUE winner is almost decided, but the CL Spots are in a big fight, hope we can make it!

Season 77 - Week 4-image.jpg

This shows the reason we arent more confortable in LEAGUE, my top scorer is my 3* ML Making me have a scout ML in the bench.

Season 77 - Week 4-image.jpg Season 77 - Week 4-image.jpg

My team

Season 77 - Week 4-image.jpg
    talisman and ponzu like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

After a draw in the first game of the cup I manage to win the other leg 3-1 but it was hard, now the final with another tough opponent.
    talisman, ponzu and nikolgiorgos like this.

Orange Roughies make the first Cup finals in 8 seasons!

Win 39: Home League match, 5-1: We needed this easy win over a down-and-out league rival to lift our spirits and settle the nerves. Attacking from the start, we did not manage to get on the board until the second half, when our superior preparation and fitness level shone through, and the floodgates of scoring opened. The ever-lethal AMR Willemse scored twice to cement his league leading scorer status. Turkish ST Kara, widely believed to be on his way out, was given a chance to relieve the "Polish Monster" Monasterski and did not disappoint, converting a PK, adding an assist, and earning a 9.1 rating -- not quite high enough to challenge Willemse for the MOM honors, his seventh this season and the most on the team. AML Orue scored and finally cleared the 5* rating threshold. A third year holdover, and not considered to be one for training, he is by far the lowest rated active player on the squad, yet the fifth most prolific scorer, and certainly a more consistent presence than some of the strikers. With this win, we maintained the 9 point lead with 4 games left to play in the season. We are not celebrating yet, but we have quietly started calling around for prices on various banquet venues.

Win 40: Away Cup match, 4-2. This was a huge win over an evenly rated and cunning opponent, delivering a major emotional high to the squad and the management. The opposition had surprised us with a 1-1 draw on our turf, and the scouts confirmed that they planned on replaying the formation matchup, going 3N-1-4-2 against our 3N-1-3-2-1. We made a late formation change to blindside the rival scouts, and opted for an off-balance 3N-5-1AML-1, rationalizing that 3DCs could handle the opponent's two strikers, while the extra AML (the ever dangerous Coronel) could wreak havoc on their center-heavy defensive line. We also chose to go with an attacking mindset, press high and sink the training bonus in the attack as well. Our gambit paid off. ST Monasterski scored right off the bat, and Coronel followed up quickly with a marker of his own. Up 2-0 by the 20th minute we switched the bonus to possession and were "rewarded" by two goals against. While the score 2-2 suited us, the balance was too precarious. Noting that offense appeared to be the best defense, at least for us, we once again shifted the bonus to attack, and the reinvigorated Coronel drove in two more goals, earning MOM, dashing the opposition's hopes and paving our side's way into the Cup final.
    Last edited by ponzu; 03-29-2016 at 11:22 PM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast