Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Team Quality

Team Quality

I want to try something and I'm interested to hear from other Managers on this.
    I only keep 18 players in my squad, all are currently 5 star with a couple of 4 star. 7 of those players are now out of contract. I plan to re-sign all of them on day 3. Nordeus has given me 5 players all 2 and 3 stars to make my squad viable. I plan to keep those till the League is drawn and sack them when the others return.
    By keeping a weaker squad, I'm thinking this will see me in a league with most similar quality teams then when I bring the others back I'll be one of the stronger teams.
    Does anyone have any experience of this? Does it work? I've heard that selling your highest rated players can bring you a weaker league but what if they're only out of contract?

KFC Loella.
    Level 28,
    14 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Don't put any quality players in the starting 11 until Day 3 except if you want to progress in Cup. Remove them immediately after the second leg of Cup match.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    From some experiments we did for the Cup, it didn't work.
    Players out of contract still count for the avg quality.
    Also it doesn't matter if they are in the first 11 or in the bench.
    I 'm not sure if league draw is like the cup (I mean only about the 14 squad quality).
    But another try doesn't hurt.
    Keep us inform.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I plan to put all the 2 & 3* Nordeus players into the first 11 once I've played 2nd leg of cup game then see what happens on the morning of day 3. I'll report back here with the update.

KFC Loella.
    Level 28,
    14 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    motrin and El Pistolero like this.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

I really hope my friend doesn't accept my negotiation offer just yet.
    Team Quality-s17avgq.jpg
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Addicted
    i think....that doesn't really matter in day 1 or day 3....I think i try once before, just sell those don't need and kept those strongest....and have any space, but the 3 stars player...and sold in day one ....still... my league draw is not a big different.... i am always the strongest team...(doesn't mean always win tho...)

Famous
    I want to hear some stories about successfully manipulating or affecting league draws. Probably, a real full 3 star team will forever group with other 3 star teams in league. I don't mean this. I want to see successful story about actual high quality team being grouping in low quality league.

Please share, thanks.

I do not think you can really manipulate the league draw - I once tried to buy the good players on day 3 but still ended up in the league with couple of upper 5* teams.

My league draw has given me none of my friends on the same level and all of the teams are of similar quality to myself. By adding my out of contract players and sacking the Nordeus ones, my quality rose from 152 to 157 making me one of the stronger teams in my league but all the others are between 153-157. So still difficult to say if you can manipulate the league draw but in this case I'd like to think it made a small difference.

FC Loella. Level 28
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I want to hear some stories about successfully manipulating or affecting league draws. Probably, a real full 3 star team will forever group with other 3 star teams in league. I don't mean this. I want to see successful story about actual high quality team being grouping in low quality league.

Please share, thanks.
    I have a core of 9 free Academy players which I keep at all times, I always sign the free player and either sell him on straight away or sell one of my older 3 position SA ones if a good offer comes in. I have a goalkeeper, an AMC and a striker who I have also all had since they were 18 but at various points have made it to 7 stars.

So that's 12 players who come to a one star average.

I maybe keep another one or two 5 star player for the start of the season just so my Cup team has 4 or 5 good players to go with the remainder.

On the third day of the season I buy 7 or 8 five star players, they don't have to be high five star or even young as long as they are 5 star.

At the end of the season, when the Cup and CL finals have been played there is a two day gap to sell all the players I bought on day 3 and I am back to 14 players averaging one star.

This makes the League and Cup easily winnable but the CL is quite a task, the only game I lost last season was the CL final 4-0.

It's manipulation and takes about 5 seasons to have enough Academy players to make it work, but once the core of low quality players are there then it works fine.

Here's the last day of last season, so the 4 better players have all dropped a star.

My League draw is a 2* average, as is my Cup draw. My CL group has two 4* teams and a 3* team due to this.
    Team Quality-new.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast