Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ponzu

Thread: Additional Star despite training new role?

Additional Star despite training new role?

Hi,

if an older player is close to the next star I use(d) to train him in a new role or a new special skill so that he is not going to get an additional star making him easier to sell.

In this season I noticed that he still increases his quality and gets a star!
    Can you confirm that?

It happened to two of mine last season.

Perhaps it happens when I accept a cone gift from a friend. Maybe that extra skill point does not respect the role/SA training.
    Let's Rock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tafit View Post
    Hi,

if an older player is close to the next star I use(d) to train him in a new role or a new special skill so that he is not going to get an additional star making him easier to sell.

In this season I noticed that he still increases his quality and gets a star!
    Can you confirm that?
    Yes... Players seen to be 99% yet 6*! I guess they're 3% away from next star... You've to keep 4% difference, if referring to the SP to % conversion (most probably 1SP=4%).
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Yes, happened to 2 of my players who were on the negotiations list training a SA to stay on the list. Can't sell either one now, at least not till the SA kicks in.

Good post. So basically this, I have had it happen once or twice myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Yes... Players seen to be 99% yet 6*! I guess they're 3% away from next star... You've to keep 4% difference, if referring to the SP to % conversion (most probably 1SP=4%).

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    www.FCInsider.com

Follow the future

As Arion said a +1% award is equivalent to 25tp in old money and 0.05 Q on an attribute. The Q can not display the 0.05 This explains the situations like mine last season where my player achieved the next star while still 5sp away from the Q required. Its just an anomoly because %age is measured/awarded in smaller numbers than SP. Its also why 0.1 appears in player attribute Q which wasn't possible in previous systems.

As an example if you imagine that each attribute has an old style tp progress bar then its possible for 10 attributes to have between 25 and 49tp progress and be awarded 10x1% in each attribute and still have no effect on the attribute Q.

Regarding the 99% achieving 6* then that is probably a rounding issue or even perhaps because they are trying to operate 2 'star systems' i.e a star is achieved by either the %age reached or Q reached, whichever comes first. (But you might want to ignore the 2 systems bit, just popped into my head ) I've had both a player achieving a star at 99% and also, as previously stated, another achieving it 5sp short by Q.