Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: how are rules regarding yellow card suspension?

how are rules regarding yellow card suspension?

when will a player got suspension?
    1.if a player get straight red card,how much match will he get suspended?
    2.if a player get 2 yellow card in a match,how long will he be suspend?
    3.when will a player get suspended in a league in terms of multiple yellow card accumulated in a league?

1. 2 matches in the same competition.
    2. 1 match in the same competition.
    3. Two yellow cards in separate matches of the same competition - 1 match in the same competition.

NB: If a player gets a yellow card and a straight red card in the same match then they serve a 2 match suspension for the red card. If they already have a yellow card from a previous match in the same competition then they will also serve the one match suspension for the accumulation offence, making three matches in total.
    Last edited by talisman; 03-21-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    cookizzz likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

How can a player get a yellow card & a straight red card in the same game?
    I would think the red card would be the result of a 2nd booking .

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    NB: If a player gets a yellow card and a straight red card in the same match then they serve a 2 match suspension for the red card. If they already have a yellow card from a previous match in the same competition then they will also serve the one match suspension for the accumulation offence, making three matches in total.
    Does it really make any sense? Already got a yellow, and another yellow will eject him, so why a straight red after yellow? (I've faced this once)
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Does it really make any sense? Already got a yellow, and another yellow will eject him, so why a straight red after yellow? (I've faced this once)
    I think it makes sense. This also occurs in real football. A player may do something deserving straight red card after receiving a yellow card earlier in the match.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I think it makes sense. This also occurs in real football. A player may do something deserving straight red card after receiving a yellow card earlier in the match.
    Exactly - I've had that situation in TE. Player was yellow carded for a late tackle, then later in the game, had a handball in the penalty box, which the referee saw as a red card offence (denying a clear scoring opportunity?)
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...