Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Athul Anil
  • 1 Post By Athul Anil
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By El Pistolero

Thread: Made to the Semi-Finals of my Cup, but not understanding how I got there

Made to the Semi-Finals of my Cup, but not understanding how I got there

So, I am completely new to this game (probably been playing a couple months now) as well as to Football itself, so there's a ton of rules I haven't learned yet. But let me get to my question.

In my Cup Quarter Finals set, this was the result:

Match #1:
    Me: 1
    Opp: 1

Match #2:
    Me: 4
    Opp: 0

The result is I move on, but I don't really understand how. Is it best 2 out 3? I guess I'm not used to seeing draws during tournaments (mainly a Hockey fan, so draws don't happen during the Stanley Cup).

Its one home leg and one away leg. So each of the teams play once at home and their opponents home and the team with highest goals after 2 legs go through.
    In the event of a tie the team with highest away goals go through(i.e the goals u scored in ur opponents home). If a tie still it will go to extra time and penalties.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Athul Anil View Post
    Its one home leg and one away leg. So each of the teams play once at home and their opponents home and the team with highest goals after 2 legs go through.
    In the event of a tie the team with highest away goals go through(i.e the goals u scored in ur opponents home). If a tie still it will go to extra time and penalties.
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm really enjoying this game. Now if I could just figure out the initials for each of the positions, I'd be in business, lol.

Well they are pretty straightforward in top eleven. AM-Attacking midfielder
    M-midfielder
    DM-Defensive Midfielder
    D-Defender
    AM- Attacking Midfielder
    That's the basic. The addition of C,L,R along with them indicates their preferred side which are Central, Left and Right respectively,
    ST-Striker
    GK- Goal Keeper
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Athul Anil View Post
    Well they are pretty straightforward in top eleven. AM-Attacking midfielder
    M-midfielder
    DM-Defensive Midfielder
    D-Defender
    AM- Attacking Midfielder
    That's the basic. The addition of C,L,R along with them indicates their preferred side which are Central, Left and Right respectively,
    ST-Striker
    GK- Goal Keeper
    That's what I pretty much thought, so thanks for confirming. Also, is their performance ability reduced if they are not in their preferred spot?

Yes, It will also lead to their morale dropping badly.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    In Tutorials and Guides section, there are many useful guides and posts.
    As I can see that you don't know the basics of the game (and football too), I suggest to read some of them.
    here you can find some
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ls-guides.html
    Arion and El Pistolero like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

If you're on phone, tap "?" in menu. Visit old guides or even Google it, since these are the fundamental know-tos of the game.

Well, it works as any other two legged competition, where they who've scored most goals when totalling both legs progresses. If there's a tie then those who've scored most goals at the away stadium progresses. If still there's a tie, then the team with most goals scored in extra time progresses. If both sides score AET then away side progresses (since they've more away goals). If no goals are scored AET, penalties take place, where each team has five chances to score. If the score's equal after 5 shots, the game goes into sudden death.
    Are you American?
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Myke... Is that pronounced Mike or Micah? Sorry, Sidetracked lol.

If you click on the tournament rules tab this should explain the rule of the 2 matches to you more clear.

There is also the away goal rule. If you lose at home 1-2 and you win away 2-3 the aggregate score would be 4-4 then it will be decided by most away goals. Which would be you. Now if both teams scored equal amount of away goals or didn't score at all across 2 matches the game would be decided by extra time or penalties.

Congratulations on making it so far. may the force be with you