Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How bad should your team be ?

How bad should your team be ?

How bad should your team be so that next season you will be in a weak league and less competitive ?

why i'm asking this ?? coz i'm getting tired of playing in a very competitives leagues where the top 7 teams including me are having 5 stars or world class teams .
    nikolgiorgos and Nick Lizas like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Bunzo likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post
    How bad should your team be so that next season you will be in a weak league and less competitive ?

why i'm asking this ?? coz i'm getting tired of playing in a very competitives leagues where the top 7 teams including me are having 5 stars or world class teams .
    This is the kind of line up to have on the last day of the season. The 1 * players all vary in quality as they have all been in the team since they were 18 free Academy, but they are different ages obviously.
    I have just sold eight 5* players and will buy another 8 new 5 * ones on day 3 of the new season.

How bad should your team be ?-new.jpg
    Last edited by gogs67; 05-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    ElPocho likes this.

3Stars average on day 2 of the new season and you'r good to go.
    Not sure if it works on best 14 again.. but that's what i do
    League is made on day 3.
    What i usually do is go into new level with 3Stars Q, on day 1 i buy 3-4 players to fix my team for upcoming Cup games.
    Once those cup games are over i sell the players i bought and drop the quality back to 2-3Stars.. This worked fine last few seasons.
    nikolgiorgos and pcmacdaniel like this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post

In theory, no matter how low (or how high) quality your team is at season end, your league opponents in next season will be similar in quality with your team.

Assuming team quality is the only factor determining team competitiveness, if you have ability (tokens & time) to suddenly and significantly increase your team quality at season beginning, you have good chance to dominate in league. But you should hope no other team in same league have similar ability.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    3Stars average on day 2 of the new season and you'r good to go.
    Not sure if it works on best 14 again.. but that's what i do
    League is made on day 3.
    What i usually do is go into new level with 3Stars Q, on day 1 i buy 3-4 players to fix my team for upcoming Cup games.
    Once those cup games are over i sell the players i bought and drop the quality back to 2-3Stars.. This worked fine last few seasons.
    But the problem is with the CH.L.
    Ok with the Cup - as in the Cup, the teams are 2 levels down so they must spend a fortune to build a 8* team
    Ok, with the League as those teams are most semi-abandoned, with managers who don't care much about the game
    But in CH.L. , how can you build a competitive team at day 3 ? usually this day there are no young fast trainers (only the 1st day the nordgen are guarantee) ?
    - The recommended players are random and usually following the quality of the team - so useless
    - Managers with players in nego list , usually not respond
    - In the market there are 5* players but usually not fast trainers. Those players hardly can be early 6* players but then is difficult to sell them in the end of the season.
    Meanwhile in the CH.L. there is no q draw so there are teams with 6* players from the start.
    A solution is scout list players but how many can buy ? and sell them in the end of every season ?
    Bunzo and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    I think the draw for the league seems pretty random. Last year my league was very hard, with 4-5 players 5stars or more. This year 7 of the teams are actually abandoned, and the rest aren't as good in quality as last year at all - and my team is better this year.

Now, whether you want to destroy your team every year to make the cup a cakewalk (another thing I think is against fairplay)....that's another matter. Average 4 -5 stars should keep you in the same cup level. I think it's better to keep going though, I managed a level 8 cup last year at 5. Not sure what level this one is but it's most level 7s and 8s....but I'm enjoying the challenge of beating out equal or better opposition.

Famous
    I agree with the 3* average as posted above.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-08-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Ok with the Cup - as in the Cup, the teams are 2 levels down so they must spend a fortune to build a 8* team
    Ok, with the League as those teams are most semi-abandoned, with managers who don't care much about the game
    But in CH.L. , how can you build a competitive team at day 3 ? usually this day there are no young fast trainers (only the 1st day the nordgen are guarantee) ?
    - The recommended players are random and usually following the quality of the team - so useless
    - In the market there are 5* players but usually not fast trainers. Those players hardly can be early 6* players but then is difficult to sell them in the end of the season.
    Meanwhile in the CH.L. there is no q draw so there are teams with 6* players from the start.
    A solution is scout list players but how many can buy ? and sell them in the end of every season ?
    Yes, indeed Champions League is a problem expecially now that you face 1 lvl higher players if you win the league in your previouse season..
    i find it really ****ed up.
    Old draws were alot better... totally random Q in the league(mix with some friends). Less room for cheating and better competition.

Scout could be the only solution on day 3... that's true.
    Sometimes you get nordgens early in the morning of day 3 also.. it depends on how many 5* players are up for sale as the game has to fill up the list with players for sale.. if there are not enough atm. It's not only on day 1, but u have to pray to get 5* nordgens and not 3-4 as most of the times..

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The clue is in the 'rebuild the team every season' tactic.
    If you look at my team from a few posts up (think that was 4 seasons ago) you'll see that I will have one 5* player and three 4* players on day one of the new season.
    Now the 4* players are all very close to 5*, that is why they were kept. So my team has around a 90% chance of getting through the first round of the Cup. (I'd say 100% as I've never lost yet, but that would be tempting fate)
    On day 3 you have your first CL game. If it is early in the morning then things are difficult, but that's just the way things go. I will buy as many high five * players as I can, mostly aged over 30 as they are easiest to get.
    So by the end of day 3 I will have a first team of close to six * average.
    Now my CL group this season is my team, then another one * team, a medium 4* team and a low 5* team, all of whom are worse quality than my first 11.
    The rest of the groups are the same with two teams who are 6* out of the whole draw.
    With a little bit of luck/tactics I should at least reach the semi finals as i do almost every year. Once you are there then to win the thing is not quite as daunting as it seems.
    End of season (Cup final CL final out the way, league won hopefully) I sell all the players I'd bought, keeping maybe 4 best ones for next seasons Cup day one.
    This is repeated every season with any gaps filled in by always signing the 3 Academy free players. They get sold again if not needed or they replace one of the older Academy players, conveyor belt style.
    Every 2 seasons I'll treat my self to a good scout from my tokens collected, that's always a nice bonus
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast