Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Possession

Possession

Could anyone tell me how possession affects the game?? And how possession is calculated
    I have two examples
    1. Against a weak team in CH.L group stage and I was favourite in quality
    He played a strange formation like (S) DC DC Dr dmr mc mc mc aml st st (as I remember)
    I used 4-1-2-1-2 and attacking and got a draw then used 3w-2-2-2-1 to focus down flanks and changed to mixed during match and lost 0-2!!
    My possession was about 60% in both games and this disappointed me towards the randomness of the game And the assistant manager said we were just unlucky
    then this team was crushed later in CH.l 1/16 stage

2. Against mourinho fc which I lost 0-3 because of the quality although he wasn't favourite
    However I was sure I would lose as his quality was higher especially in midfield

The point here is that I had 65% possession!!!
    I was playing 4-5-1v style hard defending long passes and force counter attacks and my quality was less than him so how did I have such a high possession and why didn't possession help me even with a goal (I wasn't that weak man )
    He played 4-3-2-1 which I think no defending and surely he had better quality so why did he get only 35% and why didn't this help me

Any answers ???

(Should we concentrate on possession or it is useless ??)

I focus on maintaining high possession. For me, that means having more players in the mid field than my opponent.

I wouldn't worry about any results you have against mourinho. I had 79% possession and gave up only 2 shots. He happened to get both in. A had something like 20 shots and got 0 in.

Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    I focus on maintaining high possession. For me, that means having more players in the mid field than my opponent.

I wouldn't worry about any results you have against mourinho. I had 79% possession and gave up only 2 shots. He happened to get both in. A had something like 20 shots and got 0 in.
    Because Mou's the bus driver
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

If you use closely-knit formations, like 4-4-2ND, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2V (and to some extent even 4-5-1V and Butterfly), you should be playing the possession game. But wide formations are extremely vulnerable with a strong middle, but the opposite may not be true (since there are defenders in the box to head the cross out).
    endou likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

Mourinho teams appear to have significant hidden advantages. Like motrin said, he gets 2 shots, and it results in 2 goals. The closest I have come is a 0-0 against him in normal time, and team lost either in E.T or on penalties. He gets 1 shot and it's a goal. Yet some people claim that there are no such things as hidden effectsand so on, but as a user you can see that there are strong indications that there are hidden things.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    If you use closely-knit formations, like 4-4-2ND, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2V (and to some extent even 4-5-1V and Butterfly), you should be playing the possession game. But wide formations are extremely vulnerable with a strong middle, but the opposite may not be true (since there are defenders in the box to head the cross out).
    But in the first example ( not the one against mou fc ) I had higher possession then lost 2-0 how could this happen??
    I thought higher possession meant higher chances of attacking then goals as I had been favourite in the game and opponent defence quality was much lower than my attack quality

Quote Originally Posted by Medo zalata View Post
    But in the first example ( not the one against mou fc ) I had higher possession then lost 2-0 how could this happen??
    I thought higher possession meant higher chances of attacking then goals as I had been favourite in the game and opponent defence quality was much lower than my attack quality
    I told you he's a bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Mourinho teams appear to have significant hidden advantages. Like motrin said, he gets 2 shots, and it results in 2 goals. The closest I have come is a 0-0 against him in normal time, and team lost either in E.T or on penalties. He gets 1 shot and it's a goal. Yet some people claim that there are no such things as hidden effectsand so on, but as a user you can see that there are strong indications that there are hidden things.
    You need much higher quality and super formation to beat him 1-0 lol
    I played against him and knew I would lose but was surprised to see that I had 65% possession and only one shot at target with no goal
    What is the real effect of possession on players ?? Do they perform more attacks and the opponent would have less attacks then but in my two examples nothing of this happened

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I told you he's a bus driver
    Well, Mou certainly knows how to park one...
    Last edited by talisman; 04-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    Arion likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast