Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disgraceful bug

Famous

Disgraceful bug

I know this is not the proper section of the forum but I want to maximize my chances to be read.
    This morning I was playing a CL final against a double treble holder (2 stars average rating above me). By the way, this was a treble decider for me too but considering my chances to win, I hardly considered it as such.
    On top of that, my opponent plays 4-5-1 V, which is my core tactic. And I know by experience that you better not try to match this tactic when you are weaker...
    Following the wise advices of t11_fan in the "formations and tactics" section, I reluctantly opted for the heavily defensive 3DC-3WDM-3MC-1. But as my MC are not that good I removed one of them to make room to my best player: an exclusive AML. I ended up, doubtful, with this asymetrical formation: defensive, counter and all left flank. After 15 very difficult first minutes, to my surprise, I took control of the game. My players rating turned slowly greener and greener. And I reached half time with no harm. Second half: early yellow for him. And then, the miracle: 55th minute second yellow meaning red - free kick and here comes my AML for the sweet 1-0 ! He's becoming nervous: I see his players continuously changing positons, he's making 3 substitutions. But after 80 minutes the data are here: 55% ball possession (in spite of the presence of 3 friends for him), 15 shots to 12, 6 on target to 3 - all this in my favor. The champagne is already chilling in the fridge, I'm getting up to get the glasses when comes the 89th minute. Free kick for him. No. I am not anxious - not even a little bit. I am far too superior to concede a goal now...
    But 1-1 it is... This game is funny. I am going to win in overtime anyway.
    Overtime you said ? Why is the screen indicating: DRAW ??? This is the CL final for Christ's sake !
    I am leaving the game and coming back: you lost the final is the message: 2-1.
    I am opening the match report window and then appears a goal at the 68th minute given to him. The ghost goal that deprives me from a much deserved treble but worst of all to my thinking, of my most valuable victory.
    I know I can report this. I know I am going to get mouthful of appologies but what I won't get is this long awaited performance.
    I am very sad and very proud at the same time. And I would definitely not have loved at all to win the way he did.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 05-27-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Joseph P Brenner likes this.

Feel for you pal. That is very harsh on you. I got my CL Final tonight and I'd be devastated if that happened to me, especially with a treble at stake. Bad luck indeed. You have my sympathy.

KFC Loella.
    Level 30
    16 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    gizzmo likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    Thanks a lot. It is good to feel support in this case - better yours that Nordeus': they plead guilty for that claiming the server broke down and the game had to be simulated ! I got a huge compensation in return: 30 tokens ! I think I prefer to laugh than to cry at it...
    Good luck to you for the game. But most of all, with the server !
    Last edited by gizzmo; 05-27-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    dave1311 likes this.

Cheers buddy. Will let you know how I get on. 30 tokens a nice consolation but I'd still swap 300 tokens for a treble!

KFC Loella.
    Level 30
    16 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    Me too !

It is about all the effort that you have put in this season to win this competition that all went to waste in a matter of a match (and even the past season as you have to qualify for that competition first). 30 tokens cannot replace that. Also, what if this repeats itself later? Will you accept this?

Maybe now you understand how I felt. When you know you have used decent counter tactics, and also you had the quality advantage and yet your team lost (or had a draw, or even conceded a lot of goals) because of some sort of flaw, bug or anomaly, costing you the competition and thus, all your effort went to waste, how can you accept this?

I have been getting abnormal results since 18/05/16. Before that, my team was at the top of the league, rarely conceeding a goal, and was bound to win the other competitions too. Due to those anomalies, my team conceded a lot goals, got knocked out of the cup, almost got knocked out of the C.L, lost and drew matches in league and the gap between 1st and 2nd reduced where now the other team can get to the first place if it wins the remaining two matches.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-27-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    how can you accept this?
    I have no choice but to accept this. On the other hand, I now have two options: I may quit the game or try to fight back and win the treble again.
    I'll choose the second one because I find this game fun. Here, we are very tempted to report all the bad things that happened to us and forget about the good ones. Maybe once a server problem helped me winning a game without me even noticing it.
    I won the cup 6 times out of 7 finals. And this only defeat still hurts me. So what about the others I have beaten ? Maybe this game represents everything for the manager who "beat" me today with his 8 star team. And maybe would he be in total despair if he was in my position. This is just a game and it is a good representation of the manager's position: a very frustrating one as there is not much you can control where the match has started.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 05-27-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    I have no choice but to accept this. On the other hand, I now have two options: I may quit the game or try to fight back and win the treble again.
    I'll choose the second one because I find this game fun. Here, we are very tempted to report all the bad things that happened to us and forget about the good ones. Maybe once a server problem helped me winning a game without me even noticing it.
    I won the cup 6 times out of 7 finals. And this only defeat still hurts me. So what about the others I have beaten ? Maybe this game represents everything for the manager who "beat" me today with his 8 star team. And maybe would he be in total despair if he was in my position. This is just a game and it is a good representation of the manager's position: a very frustrating one as there is not much you can control where the match has started.

Yes, but, for your case, what if, from now on, this 'bug' repeats itself again and again in important matches? This is the main problem. The same applies to my issue.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

I posted the following screenshot in another thread:
    Disgraceful bug-img_1116.jpg

Pad was my account, to watch my wifes games.
    Phone was my wife...

This is not that game, where it matters.
    She had another game (vs. 2nd in League), which ended 2:2. Opponent was 2:1, my wife scored 2:2 at 90'. She had to play offensive, because she needed a draw or more.
    After game, matchreport said, she won 3:2 - and she was 2:1, than 2:2 (where the game said, it's 2:1 for opponent), where my wife had to go risky. And that wasn't a need...

So... how can you make some important decisions, if the livegame isn't correct?
    gizzmo likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    You've got an excellent attitude about this situation. This is an awful bug, no doubt. Personally, i'm willing to cut nordeus a bigger break than normal with bugs this time, because I understand unintentional changes to the programming code happen when updating games and associations seem to be a really big update. But, associations better be good

They should have given you more than 30 tokens though.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-27-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    gizzmo and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast