Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Striker problems, new version formations discussion

Striker problems, new version formations discussion

Hey guys, today I'm going to have my little rant on some little annoying problems I think we've all encountered some point along provided you had played the glorious old version before.
    Alright so I think by now every one is wary of the way our strikers have been playing for some time now. I don't know about you but in the old version, strikers(good ones)had no problems a.oursmarting DCs; b.speeding past DCs; c.scoring one on one; d.was pretty aggresive play-wise
    Now in the new version, when strikers receive the ball, they will dribble around the DC like a crazy, aimless little girl dancing before shooting straight into DC in all occasions,and, wait for it, yup, one on one and of course youd place your bet the ball is going to end up in the net right? Well hell no, strikers decide to pass the ball back to whoever was behind them, and oftentimes give it back to the opponent!
    It's just too horribly agonising to think that after buying the best strike, youd expect them to gun those goals hard, only for them to make that dreadful backpass or for him to dance around their defender, and to my bros and sis out there who share the same agonisingly, horribly emotionally crushingly, mind ****ing experience to be kicked out of cup and CL because your striker missed all chances when the opponent's AML/R bagged chance after chance of goals, or to have your striker waste ever precious time by dancing around in front of goal, loosing not only your time and possession and chances, but also those 3 points which is all that matters.
    Note:AML/R never seem to have this problem of dancing or missing countless of chances ever since the new version.
    So, I want to dedicate my precious time and this post on trying to figure out what is causing our strikers to dance in their little tu-tus(is that what you call it)and also, more important, to brainstorm all the formations that suit this new version because believe me, I used to score tons of goals with my strikes with those glorious striker reliant formations but using these same formarions, only goals scored are those of which come from corners and free kicks.
    So far, Ive noted that the AML/Rs of the 4222Hexagon really benefitted from the new version, and I want all of you reading my speech to take a moment and think back of all the strike related issues, and perhaps if you know the main cause of this problem, please do tell us about it, not forgetting to add the formations that thrive in this new preposterous version.
    Many thanks to you all who've spent time reading my insignificant ramble, sat down and thought about it for a moment, and perhaps even made your very own rant too heh!
    Dillon

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    it started many seasons ago
    here is a thread-poll I started
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...rs-lately.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I decided not to worry about the Striker Scoring situation as long as goals come from elsewhere in the formation.

I use a striker as a defensive nuisance and let the AML/AMR and my FK-taking MC bang in the goals - if Nordeus sort the issue out, good, but I don't invest too much T/$ in pure strikers.
    Last edited by talisman; 06-01-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Grammar!
    Bunzo likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    I decided not to worry about the Striker Scoring situation as long as goals come from elsewhere in the formation.
    That's not the case it's about situation when the ball is with the striker and takes wrong decisions most of the time either by shooting outside the box or into the DC or even pass it back to another player in a strange situation

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Bavari View Post
    That's not the case it's about situation when the ball is with the striker and takes wrong decisions most of the time either by shooting outside the box or into the DC or even pass it back to another player in a strange situation
    If he's doing all that, he's not even attempting to score - it leads to the same thing - strikers not scoring...

This pre-dates the introduction of the Live Match, only now with the Live Match, we can see why the striker is not scoring
    Arion likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    it started many seasons ago
    here is a thread-poll I started
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...rs-lately.html
    That was 3 seasons ago... now the problem is worse. While the two wingers score braces and hattricks, even the AMC chipping in sometimes, the ST is getting ratings of 6-6-6-6-6-6 (6 sixes in a row not good in football.)
    madflo19 likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Im not entirely sure about it but, Ive read in some other thread that this is caused by the striker's bad positioning. Before the update, when we train strikers, wed train their attack and physical only, but after the update TP decided to add the positioning factor into consideration as well, and so you have defenders with way better positioning than the strikes, which is why the defenders get to the ball way faster than the strike.
    Arion likes this.

Rookie
    Its certainly interesting that AML/ AMR's tend to score more goals- it's something that's not really been addressed yet. The animations are hilarious sometimes like when you have a chance and miss it but the ball lands back in a great goal scoring situation,,, but then the highlight ends!
    S1 : 6th (joined with 4 games to go) | S2 : League Champion Unbeaten, Cup| S3 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S4 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S5: League Runner Up | Champs League Runner Up| S6: 3rd | S7-12 (need to update lol)

...or the ball is cleared and lands midway between a defender and your MC, both charge in on the ball but the MC suddenly veers off at the last minute and allows the defender to punt it up the field... tackle him!!!!!

Addicted
    my ST score one per 2 match.... while my AML and AMR score almost 1 per match.... (my AMC also same as ST) but on the other hand.... ST does more assist~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast