Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New position : unlock skills

New position : unlock skills

Hey,

I'm new to this game (I started 3 weeks ago), and I haven't read anything about "unlocked" skills with new position.

I recently added DMC position to my young MC. I discovered that some skills which were greyed out prior the completion of the new position, are now enlightened.
    Heading, strength and aggression are no longer greyed out. So I guess it means my MC will now be able to gain skill points in these 3 categories faster than before, right ? In the long run, wouldn't it be advantageous to add new position to young players, so they get more skill points overall ?

Here are some examples of unlocked skills after completing a new a position. I hope it's clear

DC -> DL/DR : Crossing, Speed ------ Adding DL or DR to a DC enlightens Crossing and Speed skills for this player
    DL/DR -> DC : Heading, Strength
    MC -> DMC : Heading, Strength, Aggression
    MC -> AMC : Heading, Finishing
    AMC -> MC : Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Bravery
    AMC -> AML/AMR : Crossing
    AMC -> ST : Positioning, Strength

Edit : When I say "add" a new position I mean "COMPLETING" the new position

If you guys ever discussed about it before, forgive me and give me the link to this subject please.
    No idea if this has no impact on the game, but I found it interesting.

What on the world is going on, never seen a decent question that actually makes sens from a guy that's new to the forum.. and also new to the game ?
    People here that been playing for more than 2 years got no clue what you talking about including myself hahaha

This is something that we see on the new 2016 version and it's interesting to find more about it..
    Whenever a DC gains a new position such as DL or DR the engine recognizes it as flank player and automaticlly unlocks the Speed & Crossing ability as those are key ability for any flank player.

The engine unlocks those new ability skills for the automatic skill point distribution after a game.
    This means that once you unlock the new position the engine will start distribuiting skill points to the new key abilities after every game.

It's different in training sessions as you have control over the drills and the ability you want to teach to your players
    It's also a sugestion, helps you to train your player in more efficent way by using the exact drills that will help your player increase the key abilities.
    Last edited by BeckStar; 06-06-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    Marc3l and firaty75 like this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Would like to see what other people figure out untill now, if anyone knows more about it, share with us!

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Interesting thread
    Sometimes I see my ST gain tackling attribute after a match. Sometimes I see my DC gain passing attribute and maybe shooting.

So I have some possibilities:
    1. The player improves the attributes he used in the match. ( that's what I think )
    2. Most progress goes into the key attributes ( highlighted ) and some progress goes into other attributes so the the player won't be 1% in non key attributes.

Here is a table of positions versus skills. If you give a new position to a player, he will get "enhanced" skills from new position (these new available skills won't rise slowly). That's what I guess :

New position : unlock skills-positions.png
    Last edited by Marc3l; 06-05-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    For heaven's sake
    I 'm here in the forum for two years
    playing the game (at this period) with four teams
    I 've read almost all the posts in that forum

experienced managers don't know how the offside trap, hard tackling or victory bonus are working (and nobody can prove anything) and now
    you 're saying that giving extra position we can add new skills and improving them our player can perform someway better ?

You 're going to far
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 06-06-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    BeckStar and Marc3l like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Best 1st 2 posts I have ever seen. Congrats.
    3 Teams - mid 40's, 40 & 40.
    Aims
    1. CL position every team, every season
    2. Assn in Gold 1 or Platinum

Dear,

I just think it is too expansive in terms of cost & time training additional postions for my players --> isn'it ?

Nevertheless, this post is really interesting and clearly points out you are a potential BIG manager, now you just have to show it !

Elia FC
    Season 19
    13 League title
    10 Champions
    4 Cup
    1 Treble
    Last edited by Elia FC; 06-06-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Seems everyone failed, I shall step in
    @Marc3l What I've noticed that players DO tend to gain more for the highlighted attributes in the new version. For example, this is one of my ST:
    You can see the difference between the grey and white attributes. BTW all the positions and SA were as it is 5 seasons ago when he came as a recommendation.
    This is another one from @nikolgiorgos post:
    If someone could train a guy till 15SP in the old version and then auto-assign them, I could've concluded that important attributes are invisible, but present in the old version (don't have enough rests ). But since the OP is new, they don't need it.
    Well, training players a new role or SA is a waste of time. Those 40-50 SAs could've been used for the raw quality. Also, a DC needs to focus on only 8 attributes, so it'll make him a master in defence. Adding a fullback or DMC position makes it probably 10-11 attributes to focus. Just for the sake of being an all-rounder, 3 position players aren't worth it.
    I choose 2 position players mostly, wing players must play another position, since it becomes very limiting that they can play at only one spot. I never tend to play DML/R and ML/R, so I look for DC/DMC, DL/DC, DC/DR, AML/AMC, AMR/AMC, ST/AMC, ST/AML, ST/AMR. A single position DC or MC doesn't hurt (rarely you get double position MCs, and single position DC is a great defender since he has to focus on defence only — I have one, he's 120% in defence and rates consistently above 7). STs, I prefer dual position since they frequently have bad days and I can quickly get them back on track by swapping with another player. I prefer double position for tactical advantages, not for a more diverse skill distribution. I recommend you NEVER to have wing players with single position, they are very limiting. I once had a DL. He sucked every 3rd game, but I could do nothing but bench him. I nowadays swap players' position if they are playing bad.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

here's how the SP get allocated

after a game skillpoints get allocated based off of growth rate of the player. This can be seen in the old version although I doubt the numbers are exactly the same.

The Sp get split between all active, non-grayed out attributes. based off what Ive seen over the last 3 seasons, the growth rate changes slightly if you have a 5* player with 3* defensive level. his defensive skills will level higher than normal if training is put into them.

Think of it as similar to the old system ((3* training speed vs 6*) but split in 3 subsections. def/att/and phys. Once split the points get divided between all the attributes in that subcategory
    What makes training growth different from match growth here is that grayed out attributes will increase, albeit slowly, if trained specifically. I'm not sure of the exact ratio between inactive and active attributes but there is a noticeable difference in their training speed. You can see inactive(gray) stat growth from matches but it is far less common than seeing it in training.

So don't neglect positioning/ heading on your Sts nor crossing/'passing on your defenders. Creativity is a very underrated stat especially on midfielders.

Younger multipositional players are highly desirable now because you can shape their stats much easier as they don't have many inactive attributes
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 06-07-2016 at 04:57 AM.
    Marc3l, Arion and firaty75 like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast