Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Associations Forum section

What would happen if an association match ends level on points and goal difference?
    Cornamona FC:

Date Formed: 27/10/2014
    Titles won: 0 runner-up: 3
    Cups won: 3 finalist: 3
    Champions Leagues won: 0 finalist: 1
    Level 12
    Season 17
    Seasons active: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Fire View Post
    Worse than the cup for being punished for having a good team. My association of 6 teams with mostly 6* players was slaughtered by 6 teams of mostly 7* with some 8* players.

This added to having 3 matches in 4 hours, being forced to do training sessions between all matches and having to use up all green packs leaves me very disappointed in this new competition
    Happened to us also... the draw was a bit annoying - got a chinese FA in, which was around 15% stronger than us. Before the first game, they boosted all there teams up to 20%, my opponent 25% -.-
    And that wasn't with loan players, because I was strongest in our FA, and he was it also... he only loaned 3 players... I just loaned all my topplayers, because I didn't believe in a victory. So we made 3 close win, 3 time we were slaughterd. Rematch was just luck... because my opponent loaned also his players and I made it... I won, and one of our wins before was a draw... so we went with 3 (close) wins, 2 (slaughtered) loses, 1 draw to the final. We went to final with 13:30 on goals to the final... But it was only about the stupidness of my opponent...
    So... yes... it's possible with endless luck.

Final was "better", because our opponents was around 20% weaker than us - it was easygoing and boring... we only conceeded two goals.
    Btw, the chinese FA won all their games for 3.place - whithout a goal conceeded...

I hope, the coming draw will be better... cupdraws are annoying enough. And I don't wanna play the whore of our FA.

But how I said: Thrilling, Tactical Discussions, Disappointment, Happiness,... all this in one competition, that doesn't cost anything is top.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal123 View Post
    What would happen if an association match ends level on points and goal difference?
    Come on... read one page before... -.-

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Moi
    Worse than the cup for being punished for having a good team. My association of 6 teams with mostly 6* players was slaughtered by 6 teams of mostly 7* with some 8* players.

This added to having 3 matches in 4 hours, being forced to do training sessions between all matches and having to use up all green packs leaves me very disappointed in this new competition
    How come are you "forced to do" training sessions between all matches? There's absolutely no obligation to perform training sessions at any point, make them only if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    How come are you "forced to do" training sessions between all matches? There's absolutely no obligation to perform training sessions at any point, make them only if you want.
    The game tells me I need 2 training sessions to prepare for the next game. I know I can just train one of my reserves twice for 0.75% but still annoying.

Worse was the fact that I had the away leg of the association matches 1 hour after an important league match that I needed high pressing and man to man tackling so my players were knackered for the assoc match and would have cost 20 greens to get them ready properly. I didn't bother in the end as I had no chance to beat a team with 30% better rating than mine anyway

I'm all in favour of putting teams of equal ratings against each other to make an interesting match up but this was so 1 sided it was pointless.

I enjoyed our 3rd place matches immensely as it was against a fairly matched opponent and we got a narrow win

I'm all in favour of putting teams of equal ratings against each other to make an interesting match up but this was so 1 sided it was pointless.

I enjoyed our 3rd place matches immensely as it was against a fairly matched opponent and we got a narrow win
    So take a look at the World Top 100 and see the biggest wins of the 7* FAs... The matchmaking is quite bad at the moment... and it's how I said in another thread: You can't tell me, fair/equal/close draws aren't possible, if you posted a few day ago about the 100.000th FA...
    Frozen Fire likes this.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    Moi
    The game tells me I need 2 training sessions to prepare for the next game. I know I can just train one of my reserves twice for 0.75% but still annoying.

Worse was the fact that I had the away leg of the association matches 1 hour after an important league match that I needed high pressing and man to man tackling so my players were knackered for the assoc match and would have cost 20 greens to get them ready properly. I didn't bother in the end as I had no chance to beat a team with 30% better rating than mine anyway
    The message is just a reminder/suggestion for you to train, there's no obligation whatsoever to perform training sessions if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    The message is just a reminder/suggestion for you to train, there's no obligation whatsoever to perform training sessions if you don't want to.
    Thanks for clarifying but the training "suggestions" are not my biggest issue.

The ridiculous gulf in class between my association and my opponents combined with having an association match 1 hour after my league game giving my players no time to recover (or pay 20 green packs). Those are my main grievances

The ridiculous gulf in class between my association and my opponents
    I 'wrote' about that in two posts (links below). Please read and understand.

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post410491

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post410497
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Famous
    I am still wondering why Nordeus put such a complicated thing in place. We played and won our first tournament rather easily against two slightly weaker associations. But I did not feel committed at all. I do not understand why we have to play twice against the same team. And the ranking is a big flaw. We have never been warned that having 6 players in the association would be better and would give more points. I thought the average quality was more important. And I suspect that on the long run, many will abandon leaving associations half (or worse) empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I 'wrote' about that in two posts (links below). Please read and understand.

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post410491

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post410497
    I do understand your point about it being unfair for 7* teams to only face other 7* teams and to an extent I agree. This begs the question where the 3* association was in my competition? There were 3 FAs of equal quality (5/6* mix) and one much stronger (7/8* mix). Is the new competition meant to emulate la liga or the bundesliga where 1 team dominates effortlessly? Most people agree these leagues are somewhat overly predictable when compared to a league where many teams are in with a chance

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast