Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By naimcyk

Thread: Bogey Team

Rookie

Bogey Team

Any feel that there is a particular bogey team that you will always struggle against?

There is this team which is in my league for the 3rd season in a row now. I'm definitely stronger than him strength wise, most of the time i'm the "Favourite". But during actual game, despite having much more possession, he will have all the attacking activity. My team will be having all the one-on-ones, free kicks which bends over the wall, getting the ball at favourable positions, but ends up either missing them or saved by the GK.

So far in 3 season i have met him 5 times, head-to-head record stands at 0-2-3...

Sigh...tried several formations to counter him but failed 5x now. Thus, i have labelled him my BOGEY TEAM!
    osos4ever likes this.

If he has never changed his formation or tactics that means you have clearly continued to get you counter strategy wrong.

Famous
    Yeah, what's the formation? We can all work together to kick butt in your 6th meeting

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Yeah, what's the formation? We can all work together to kick butt in your 6th meeting
    his formation has always being 3W-4-3.

I've tried various counter formations. Those i recall are 4-4-2 Diamond, 4-4-2 Flat, 4-5-1 v-style.

Would love to target his lone DC by placing 2 ST and 1 AMC with central focus passing. But never seem to work.

use the pine tree formation 3n-4-2(AMC) 1 with high pressing, normal mentality mixed passing counters on trap on

or my favourite, a 3n2(DML/DMR) 2mc 1amc 2st short passing defensive passing middle with trap off

choosing which formation would work depends which area of your team is stronger, your attackers or defenders.
    using a 4 back line will always be at risk against attacking formations with 3 forwards.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 09-09-2016 at 02:31 AM.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by naimcyk View Post
    his formation has always being 3W-4-3.

I've tried various counter formations. Those i recall are 4-4-2 Diamond, 4-4-2 Flat, 4-5-1 v-style.

Would love to target his lone DC by placing 2 ST and 1 AMC with central focus passing. But never seem to work.
    Given the previous results of your failed trials, I would try 5-3N-2 with short passes through the middle and see how it goes. Since you say you're that much stronger than his team, hopefully you don't lose too much possession for having fewer midfielders than he does.
    Season 71, Level 61

Rookie
    thanks guys...just played with him again today. Used the 3N-2DML-2-1-2 formation. Again, I lost 4-3 conceding in the 89th minute despite dominating possession and my team strength is 30% higher.

So far this season in 19 games, I conceded only 14 goals, and 7 of it was against this team. Oh well, looks like he is my Bogey team afterall.
    Head to head record now stands at 0-2-4. Hope to have him in my league again next season.