Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kamarik
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Goalkeepers

Goalkeepers

Hey guys, I was talking to a friend and we began wondering: do we need to have 2 goalkeepers on the squad? Can they get injured? Is there a chance for the goalkeeper to get a yellow/red card?

If the goalkeeper gets injured, will the match stop in order for him to be subbed?

Famous
    GK in real life and in game can get both. Attacker coming in 1 on 1, GK slide tackles with both feet, gets knee to chest as attacker falls on him. Injury, card. I saw direct red card leading to penalty kick just last week.

I only need to keep 1 GK, many others do as well. Matches don't stop to wait for substitutions, but if you're subbing in a defender to the net, things won't be looking up anyways.

You do get an injury to goalies in the game …happens not so much but it would be better to keep two.Also if you have just the one goalie you are more likely to get a "goalie recommendation" every week

I'm in season 48 and I play with one goalie. In all the seasons my goalkeeper was injured two times. And both times a random player on the bench entered the game... Both games I won.
    Imo you don't need an sup-goalie. Get a good player instead.
    Cloverfield and LassanaDiarra like this.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamarik View Post
    I'm in season 48 and I play with one goalie. In all the seasons my goalkeeper was injured two times. And both times a random player on the bench entered the game... Both games I won.
    Imo you don't need an sup-goalie. Get a good player instead.
    Agree
    babarkhurshid likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I like having one that plays 5-8 matches a season and a starter that plays the rest. No sense wasting my best defensive players performances against abandoned teams.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Famous
    Only ever had two keepers the first ten seasons or so, until I realised you don't need more than one.
    Even played a game one time where my keeper got injured in the first 10 minutes and I never subbed him so played 80 minutes with no keeper, and won the game 2-1.
    So, ONE keeper in the squad, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Famous
    I have 2 but the main role of the 2nd one is to manipulate cup draw (1 star). My nightmare is to have a GK injured in a treble decider (like it happened to my opponent 3 seasons ago and he's still crying). So better be safe than sorry. But obviously, I use it once every 4 seasons in average.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)