Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Shot effiency

Shot effiency

Hi,

In the first 9 seasons I seem to have gotten a pretty good shot efficiency, with most matches over 50% (more than 50% of the shots on target is a goal).

This season its very different. I get a good amount of shots, in some matches very few hit target (one match 25 shots, only 5 hit the goal and 2 goals scored), but very few gets in. Seems like every opponnement I face is very defensive, to stop my scoring - but the few chances they get, they score on.

Generally I only get a conversion of around 30% of the shots on target for a goal.
    I pretty much have the same players and same line up, good morale and condition for every match - like previous seasons.

I know that orders and line up can effect amount of shots on target (defensive and few ST should generate a low amount of shots). But I'm getting a fair amount of shots, no problem there - it is just not converting to goals !

I'm missing a way to make my team score more goals, based on the chances generated.

Any1 have some ideas on how to make them more efficient in front of goal?

Famous
    No idea sorry. But 30% looks nice to me. It should be enough to give you the 3pts most of the times, no need of 25 shots for that.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Sounds like the opponent's defenders are in the right positions to block your shots. Try placing your attacking players in positions where they will not be blocked by an enemy defender, or if that's not possible, focus on where his defenders are the weakest.

You can also try to focus on Shooting and Finishing attributes in your training sessions. It will improve your player's ability to shoot accurately and score.

On average my shot accuracy is anywhere between 30% and 50%.

When the oponnements get around 50% of the shots in, then I need better scoring conversion to win the games. Most of the games I dominate in shots, but with very low conversion rate its not enough.

Jeeves, my players are often placed where there are no defenders and shooting and finishing on my players are from 150% - 275% !! This has no effect at all, they are rubbish at finishing and almost all the time are blocked by an defender.

For example my ML is scoring around 0.5 goal per match this season, when his overall statictic is 1 goal per match (over the first two seasons with this player). It is the same with all my players, not beeing able to score at all.

Report from yesterdays league match.

My formation was 3N-1-4-1-1 and opponement was in 4-3N-3. So I would have ML, MR, AMC and ST unmarked by any players. My avr. was 117% and opponement 98%, so had a good advantage in overall quality.

I had a total of 12 shots on target, producing only 2 goals - 17% effiency.
    The 4 unmarked players have shooting and finishing abilities very high.
    Shooting: 172%, 184%, 150%, 128%
    Finishing: 214%, 276%, 154%, 140%

So formation looks good, abilities look good - but effiency is very low.
    1 goal scored by MC, that was marked - 1 goal from a corner. No goals in open play from the unmarked players. All the unmarked players have played at my team for at least two seasons, prior seasons producing a lot more goals than in this season.

Still feels like something is off, can't really figure out why my whole team all of the sudden is playing worse than before. Might still be winning, but with a low margin leaving no room for error and a bad day.

Then a bad day - total of 24 shots, where only 5 hits the goal! 2 goals, same as the opponement that only had 11 shots with 4 hitting goal (and I was 18% better overall). Only 1 point, which should have been a sure 3 points.

So plenty of shots, but rarely hitting goal. They keep playing backwards and being blocked by defenders (again 3 players where unmarked, with no actual effect). And in the other end, the oponnement get plenty of shots on target and scores.

Apprentice
    Its all about the player. Some guys can have 95% in shooting and they score everytime. While another guy 180% and couldnt score in 5 games. Lol

Fm logic cant be applied to this game.