Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By woopypooky

Thread: Having lower quality opponents at Champion League and Cup Matches

Having lower quality opponents at Champion League and Cup Matches

Hi,

I generally have to play higher quality opponents (+16 quality than me) at Cup and Champion League matches. Do you have any tactics or strategies which make you play near equal quality opponents (i.e., +/- 2) at Cup and Champion League matches?

Famous
    I'll just repost my advice from a few days back

As mentioned above 35T is just a few short of making an impact. You need about another 25 a season to work things in the transfer market. I'm lucky and have a few videos a day to boost my tokens.

It's also a long term project to build the squad capable of competing without spending real money.

Here's my team today as of last day of the season. I've sold 7 four and five star players today and am left with a goalkeeper who has just turned 6* and will be sold on day 3 of next season and replaced with a 5 * of a higher level.

My RB is a Scout from the start of this season and will last another two seasons.

My ML is a Scout from last season and will last another season.

My CF is an Academy player power trained using rest packs and he will be kept for at least another 4 or 5 seasons.

I will buy another scout on day 3 of next season who is high quality but older so will need less tokens and I will buy, hopefully 7 five star players from transfer list on day 3 to fill the first team.

The other ten players are all free academy and a space is kept to sign and sell the 3 free academy players next season.

I won League, Cup and got to final of CL this season using these tactics, ( always win at least one trophy a season) but it takes at least 3 seasons to have the necessary academy freebies filling the squad.

Good luck.

Attachment 73374

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I'll just repost my advice from a few days back

As mentioned above 35T is just a few short of making an impact. You need about another 25 a season to work things in the transfer market. I'm lucky and have a few videos a day to boost my tokens.

It's also a long term project to build the squad capable of competing without spending real money.

Here's my team today as of last day of the season. I've sold 7 four and five star players today and am left with a goalkeeper who has just turned 6* and will be sold on day 3 of next season and replaced with a 5 * of a higher level.

My RB is a Scout from the start of this season and will last another two seasons.

My ML is a Scout from last season and will last another season.

My CF is an Academy player power trained using rest packs and he will be kept for at least another 4 or 5 seasons.

I will buy another scout on day 3 of next season who is high quality but older so will need less tokens and I will buy, hopefully 7 five star players from transfer list on day 3 to fill the first team.

The other ten players are all free academy and a space is kept to sign and sell the 3 free academy players next season.

I won League, Cup and got to final of CL this season using these tactics, ( always win at least one trophy a season) but it takes at least 3 seasons to have the necessary academy freebies filling the squad.

Good luck.

Attachment 73374
    Many thanks for your suggestions. What is your level by the way? I'm level 43 and it's hard to find 7*5 star players in three days at these high levels.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by topeleven1453 View Post
    Many thanks for your suggestions. What is your level by the way? I'm level 43 and it's hard to find 7*5 star players in three days at these high levels.
    I'm level 32 just now and yeh, good transfer targets are a rarity. Still only got 9 quality first team players and already played 2 league games, though I won them both thankfully.

That's cool. How many triple crowns did you make by using this technique?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by topeleven1453 View Post
    That's cool. How many triple crowns did you make by using this technique?
    Two in the last ten seasons which is pretty good. You will always come up against token buyers at some point.For example last season's CL final was against a full 9* team, no chance for me!

I think that there should be some another way in which you do not sell all of the important high quality players and can play with equal quality opponents at cup and champion league matches.

I whish to add you as top eleven friend at facebook. What's your facebook id?

Apprentice
    Higher quality 2-3 level above you is actually good provided they are inactive. Lets say my quality is 90%; my opponent is 2 level above me and his quality is 100% which in his actual level are 60%. A poor managed team, likely to be inactive and 0 training bonus. I would take him any day rather than a same level manager 80%
    gizzmo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woopypooky View Post
    Higher quality 2-3 level above you is actually good provided they are inactive. Lets say my quality is 90%; my opponent is 2 level above me and his quality is 100% which in his actual level are 60%. A poor managed team, likely to be inactive and 0 training bonus. I would take him any day rather than a same level manager 80%
    You're right, but you can not find such inactive managers at high levels. I'm level 43 and almost all of the managers are active at these levels.

I would like to give you an example. In this season, I need to play with an opponent at both Champion League and Cup. It's quality is about +16 than me. I'm looking for a strategy, which leads to play with near quality opponents, and discard such higher quality opponents than my team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having lower quality opponents at Champion League and Cup Matches-eslesme.jpg