Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Unless you know for sure, I would assume that you are not correct.

This is a simple game based on numbers. Before the game, if your number is higher than the opponents, you will win. The game creates the drama before and during the game to entertain you. The fact that a player is both legged just gives you a higher number. The fact that your player is Canadian give you a higher number ()

Captain, on the other hand, confuses me. One would think there is a reason to have it other than every team in sports has one.
    Does it give you a benefit? That, amigo, is something I would like to find out. Maybe you get an extra 1% possession if your named captain is on the field? Who knows?

.......Captain, on the other hand, confuses me. One would think there is a reason to have it other than every team in sports has one.
    Does it give you a benefit? That, amigo, is something I would like to find out. Maybe you get an extra 1% possession if your named captain is on the field? Who knows?
    You can name up to 10 players in order of preference to be Captain, so the chances of your named Captain playing would be very high
    To Dare Is To Do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsta View Post
    You can name up to 10 players in order of preference to be Captain, so the chances of your named Captain playing would be very high
    Indeed. I do not have any clue as the benefits, if any, of naming up to 10 captains. Perhaps Nordeus can enlighten us?

Indeed. I do not have any clue as the benefits, if any, of naming up to 10 captains. Perhaps Nordeus can enlighten us?
    I'm sure I read somewhere in a thread there wasn't any benefits, so you might as well make your oldest player Captain to keep him happy - but keeping him happy would surely improve his morale, no? Don't hold your breath though waiting for enlightenment
    To Dare Is To Do

I dont think the height and weight makes any difference.

left and right does matter. For example of you have an MC and your MR gets injured your right footed MC will work better in this position than a left footer.

It also helps on free kicks and corners.

In regards to quality scores, you need to be careful as quality for a can be affected by the entire squad and therefore brought down by lower quality squad players. Ie the first team amy be a lot higher than the average quality suggests.

Also depending on how you load your skill points an average looking striker could have a massive attacking score and very low physical and defensive score.

Take this into account average means AVERAGE across everthing

This is a simple game based on numbers. Before the game, if your number is higher than the opponents, you will win. The game creates the drama before and during the game to entertain you. The fact that a player is both legged just gives you a higher number. The fact that your player is Canadian give you a higher number ()

Captain, on the other hand, confuses me. One would think there is a reason to have it other than every team in sports has one.
    For all we know... some players may have that hidden leadership skills where some players can inspire and lead team to success where other players are better at simply being just a team player.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay1515 View Post
    I dont think the height and weight makes any difference.

left and right does matter. For example of you have an MC and your MR gets injured your right footed MC will work better in this position than a left footer.

It also helps on free kicks and corners.

In regards to quality scores, you need to be careful as quality for a can be affected by the entire squad and therefore brought down by lower quality squad players. Ie the first team amy be a lot higher than the average quality suggests.

Also depending on how you load your skill points an average looking striker could have a massive attacking score and very low physical and defensive score.

Take this into account average means AVERAGE across everthing
    If captain have some effect I guess the effect is not that substantial.

However, regarding the left or right legged do you think it is that important? You can easily see on the market there are many left foot who is DR, DMR, MR or AMR, vice versa there are many right foot who is DL,DML,ML, and AML. According to you, we should not buy these players since they are in the wrong place with the wrong foot?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singaboy View Post
    If captain have some effect I guess the effect is not that substantial.

However, regarding the left or right legged do you think it is that important? You can easily see on the market there are many left foot who is DR, DMR, MR or AMR, vice versa there are many right foot who is DL,DML,ML, and AML. According to you, we should not buy these players since they are in the wrong place with the wrong foot?
    I think the foot is important in every position for determining the winning solution for the game engine. Why have it if it is not important. Height and weight might have some influence, but probably very little. tall defenders might be better, heavier players might be better or worse depending on the position. If not, then the height and weight are there to make things a bit more human.

When can we get confirmation of any of these questions?

I think the foot is important in every position for determining the winning solution for the game engine. Why have it if it is not important. Height and weight might have some influence, but probably very little. tall defenders might be better, heavier players might be better or worse depending on the position. If not, then the height and weight are there to make things a bit more human.

When can we get confirmation of any of these questions?
    Good stuff for asking the devs next time!!!
    Playing with team: Oranje

I think it gives a small performance boost to a player; at least from my perspective. My striker I had since League 1 has been scoring goal after goal after goal. And he's only two stars.
    Yinhung likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast