Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friends and friendlies

Dreamer

Friends and friendlies

A so-called friend did the dirty on me today before our CL match, he arranged a friendly. I normally try to leave my team un-setup until the last moment, just in case, but I knew I was not going to be able to get near a PC today so I set it up in advance.

Yup. Sure enough, he tired my players out and won the "friendly" match 3-1.

But... the reaql match was a different story, despite his watching the match and having a mate to boost his possession. Despite his superior skill level and dirty tactics, the score was 1-1.

I'm a bit annoyed that one of my players picked up a yellow card in the 7th minute, but the fact that he injured his scout striker, the strongest player in his squad makes it forgivable. That and the DC we managed to take out later in the game.

The result. We are joint top of the CL group and I clicked that little minus button above his team. He is now an ex-friend and no more presents from me. I thought about sending a medi pack as a joke, but then decided "F*** him!"

Dreamer
    Oh and my players outranked him plus I got man of the match in the draw. HA HA HA HA.

He who laughs last, laughs longest.

Apprentice
    nice 1

Dreamer
    And I just realised another thing.

He brought the match time forward to make sure that I couldn't watch the match. I couldn't at that time or at its original time. So he wasted 2 tokens for nothing AND he only got a draw from it.

Some days I hate the Nordeus engine. Today was NOT one of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    And I just realised another thing.

He brought the match time forward to make sure that I couldn't watch the match. I couldn't at that time or at its original time. So he wasted 2 tokens for nothing AND he only got a draw from it.

Some days I hate the Nordeus engine. Today was NOT one of those days.
    I like your original post, but I have just one question about this remark. You say he changed the time to make sure you couldn't watch the match, but how would he know whether you were able to watch or not?
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I like your original post, but I have just one question about this remark. You say he changed the time to make sure you couldn't watch the match, but how would he know whether you were able to watch or not?
    Good point. He may have just made the change to be more convenient for him, but the fact that it was 20 minutes after the friendly and that I had only been online about an hour before, makes me think it was another act of gamesmanship on his part. It is much more likely that I had noted the time of the match previously and would only go online shortly before. What I am trying to say, there is a higher chance that a manager will be online for his match time than at a random time picked by the opponent at the last minute.

I take it as a compliment. He must have been so scared of my team that he felt the need to use these tactics. It appears he was right as after all that all he managed was a 1-1 at home. I look forward to seeing him in the final, although I may have to support EVERY team he plays against to get there.

Me? Bitter and vindictive? You bet.

OK, so he's not cheating. But he's not playing fair either.
    Raykco likes this.

I can echo your sentiments, but at least you got a slice of revenge. There's also the fact that although your team was tired after the freindly, so must his have been, to a certain extent.

Incidently, when I was down in level 3, I had an in-game (not Fb) friend from Croatia. He kept on arranging friendlies with me, but I was fortunate enough to be on-line at the time, and I was able to reject most of them, but it got very frustrating. So one night (early morning), straight after maintenance, while it was around 5am where he was, I put out my reserves and arranged a friendly back. At the end of the match, I revived my players and did the same again. I repeated this twice more until I'd reached the limit of games, and then left. The following day when I logged in, he had unfriended me.
    Darth Sidious likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Dreamer
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.

So we are in CL semi final 1st leg day today. I picked up a 3-1 win away, 3 away goals are not to be sneezed at.

I had a look at the other semi and guess who was there? My old friend who I shall now call Mr Friendly. Now this is a bit sad, but it felt good. I set a reminder on my phone for his kick off time and made sure I was online - to support the opposition.

He was online, at home with a full crowd, but my little 2% possession for the absent opposing manager made me feel good. The opposition was heavily underpowered as far as quality is concerned, with Mr Friendly now sporting some scouts.

My 2% was cancelled pretty quickly when one of his mates turned up to support as well.

But what a match!!!!

0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-3, 2-3 and finally Mr Friendly lost 2-4 to inferior opposition. 4 way goals - love it!

I now have mixed feelings. I would quite like to kick his arse in the final (presuming I make it there of course) but I would also like to see him crash out in the semis. Either way, I am happy to see the git LOSE!!!!!

Dreamer
    He lost 1-0

He he.

I did qualify for the cup final and right away I got a friend's request from the person I will play in the final...What a coincidence so obviously I said no...Some people really think they are smarter than the rest!! LOL good luck with that BOY!!!
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast