Thread: strength differences between leagues?

Apprentice

strength differences between leagues?

In our level 2 league, the first place is a token buyer with a QL of 23 or so (on day 21), and all other managers down to 9th place have a QL of about 17-19, places 10-14 being pretty inactive with a QL of 13-14. Recently, I checked on another lvl 2 manager who bid on a low QL player in an auction, and noticed he was 1st in his league with a QL of 15 or so. Most other upper level players in his league seem to be QL 14 or 15 too.

What causes this difference in strength between same level leagues? I guess its competition for the CL/higher level slots? Since we have 9 active managers, we have a pretty high competition for the top 7 slots. With less active players, QL 15 might be enough to secure spots so there is no need to improve your team. How strong were the teams in your league when you were lvl 2? What opposition do I have to expect in 3rd league? (Im in place 2 now so I hope I can qualify for CL, getting lvl 3 shouldnt be a problem).

Im pretty satisfied with my team for now, Im just getting kicked out of CL in the quarters but got a good chance to win my cup. I want to save up to buy a Scout at the beginning of league 3, but Id like to know what else is needed to survive in 3rd league

Thanks for sharing your experience
    Last edited by Bermudo; 03-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Addicted
    Firstly: dont have to be a token buyer to be at Q23 in S2

There are hardly any free Token offers for me, so i once bought 80 Tokens, but now i have Q24 in S2. If you have some free offers you can easily do it without buying tokens. I played a dude in CL with Q30, he was a real token buyer (9 scouts on his team)

to your real question: you're right, your league is hard. In my league I'm first with Q24, second has like 18, 3-5 about 15-16, rest is inactive and has down to 12.

I have a guy in my FL who is Lvl3 with Q16 who is first in his league (with 14-2-2). So i guess with about 20 you should quite easily make top4 in S3

Apprentice
    I label him "token buyer" since he has 3 scouts, either he bought or he is extremely active using vids and free offers... Ive used the free offers a lot so im up to QL 20 (including bench), which will be enough for this league. Maybe Ill just see what league I end up in and save my tokens for the lvl 4 league .

What I've seen around level 2 is that most of the leagues will have 1-2 token buyers per division and the rest of the players are not very active so we can pretty much anticipate what the table will look like for the first 2 positions. But as mentioned before, you don't have to be a token buyer to succeed. I did purchase a lot of tokens but now I get them for free from different offers, videos etc.
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

Addicted
    ok, 3 scouts should be a token buyer^^

to see what Lvl3 leagues look like just stalk some biders of the best players. A Q29 18y/o player will most certainly get some bids of Lvl3 players, just look at their league.

I did it some myself and i am very confident to make top2 next season. In fact I would be disappointed if i cant make top1.
    Ofc i wont if i get a real token buyer with 5+ scouts (like i did in my CL group this season, Q18-20 at the time vs his Q30 was quite unfair )

The difference of quality is biggest in levels like L3/L4/L5/L6 for example, when you get all these inactive sides that get abandoned and they still manage to sneak 1 or 2 promotions before not being good enough to advance anymore, this is why you sometimes will see a team with 1* and 2* players when you are moving up through the leagues in the lower part of the game, when you get to L10+ more active managers appear and most inactive teams are deleted out the game by then, so the difference can be less than Q10 between best to worst team in the league, If you exclude my team in my league being Q104 average, the worst is Q88 and the best is Q96, that is a difference of just Q8.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

When i was in league 2 we was like 12 active manager with about 20-25 ql. there was no scouts! A pretty tough leauge, now i got 3 from previous league in my

Addicted
    my League 2:

kinda embarassing to not 26-0-0 them^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bermudo View Post
    In our level 2 league, the first place is a token buyer with a QL of 23 or so (on day 21)
    23 Q for level 2 is not much. I lost 3-4 on aggregate in the cup vs. a level 2 team with 33.4 quality and average age 20.5. That is a token buyer, not to speak of teams like Washi from the forum. But that is even kind of cool if someone power trains so hard.

strength differences between leagues?-cupopponent.png
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 03-30-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -