Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Something Is Clearly Wrong In This Game; Match Fixing or Game Flaw/Fault? (Important)

Something Is Clearly Wrong In This Game; Match Fixing or Game Flaw/Fault? (Important)

There have been several complaints on the forum from many users concerning how abandoned teams (sometimes referred to as ‘bot teams’, but those should not be bot teams as such as these teams are those where the manager is not present during the match and where the team seems have no maintenance – no training, no management as such and so on).

I, as someone who has been playing this game at different periods during those past 2 years, I can confirm that there is something clearly wrong with this game. It is not specifically for when it comes to the case of abandoned teams but the problem is there in general; just that it becomes more evident in the case where the opposing team is an abandoned team. It is not also specifically about winning or losing; you can still win, draw or lose, but what is happening as outcomes does not have much sense. For instance, you can have say a 6-star team, you are using a decent formation and decent orders (not only decent, but those that are expected to give you advantages - termed as counters with respect to what the opponent is using and what quality he has) but still your team concedes unexpected goals.

My Observations
    In some matches, it is clear that the match being shown to play (as highlights and comments) is on ‘playback’, that is, whatever a manager will be doing for his team (formation, orders, bonuses) gives no logical or expected effects. In fact, it is clear that there is no effect at all in some matches; it seems that the match is proceeding completely based on something else. For understanding purposes, I would describe it as someone is playing say a video game like Fifa where he is pushing on the buttons of the controller, thinking that he is controlling the players but he has not switch the controller icon to the side of the team he wanted to control; instead, the computer is controlling his team. Another example is as if someone is pushing on the keys of a keyboard, thinking that he is controlling something or inputting something, but the cable has not been plugged. So, what is happening as shown on the screen is independent on whatever this person will be inputting.

Relatively weak or very weak abandoned teams seem to be scoring goals out of nowhere, and many times it happened early in the match (sometimes as early as in the first few minutes). For example, a player just appears close to the opposing box, shoots and scores. Another example is what would be a relatively weak player (say a 3-4 star player) suddenly becomes a super player (7-9 stars) where he runs through several opposing defenders (with the defenders appear to be closing down on him, but with no attempt to tackle or challenge – like as if the defenders sold the match – allowing the attacker to go through them, then dribble past the GK and slide the ball in the net). It does not seem to matter if it is a 3 star attacker versus 5-6 defenders and 5-6 stars goalkeeper; it just happens probably because the engine wants one team to win, draw, get goals or for some other reasons.

Below is an example of a case where a strong active team faced a weaker, what seemed to be abandoned team, and lost. The team that won even had 2 players out of position - a DR and an MR playing at MC position. The team that lost had the advantage of quality and that of a decent counter formation and orders, but still it lost.

The assistant manager said that the opponent was a better team. How? Clearly, quality-wise they are not. Formation-wise, it also it expected that they are inferior for countering. They also had 2 players playing out of position. The active team had training bonuses, players in good condition and morale, while it is expected that the abandoned team did not.

I have seen many examples of abnormal results and unexpected things as shown to happen on the pitch. It is not just where a team has lost, that is, the team still won or got a draw, but what has happened in the match in terms of goals and what were shown in the highlights are neither normal nor expected. So, either some or all of these are by intention (programmed to occur as such) or there are faults or flaws in the game.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: More Information Added
    brolly, Niddhoeggr and pjBS like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Take this:
    Something Is Clearly Wrong In This Game; Match Fixing or Game Flaw/Fault? (Important)-serious.jpg

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Some of your observations are right, we have talk many times about those things as many times I tried to explain how T11 works.
    Only one question I have.
    Did you notice that some periods the game was different (or when you returned a couple of times) ?
    pjBS likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

i gotta say this......... as a completly joke this situation about GK shooting penaltys........tell me how many of you have train your GK to shoot penaltys....today i had a game were i have a penalty to me and my almost 6 star ST with a shooting % of 202 and a finishing % of 197 misses the target.......ok....sometimes they fail.......moments after with 2-1 to me at min 80 referee blows the wissel and penalty ....ok...fine by me.........when i see the opo GK scoring the goal from penalty i say to me, WTF??????????????????? so that guy had train hes GK to score penaltys??? really??? i dont give a fck about tokens or the new competition going on, but seriouslly??????? is this normal??

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Some of your observations are right, we have talk many times about those things as many times I tried to explain how T11 works.
    Only one question I have.
    Did you notice that some periods the game was different (or when you returned a couple of times) ?
    Firstly, let me say that I am not well (I mean in real life), but I will try to give an answer. I came to post about what many have been complaining in the recent weeks after the latest abnormal one I observed from my game account. I cannot say things at 100% confidence as I have not thoroughly made experiments throughout all those periods, but I can say some things say to a good percentage of confidence.

There is something that you call a 'troll' or an unexpected result that occurs once or twice in season, where your team would lose (or draw) when clearly it should have not. You gave a possible explanation for this as a bad roll of dice, where the game engine neglects everything else, including the formation, the orders and maybe the quality. Is that a possible reason why those occasional, unexpected or abnormal results happened? Based on my observations from all those periods, yes it is a possible reason. But, there seems to be something else, as if the RNG is biased for particular teams in certain periods because there are noticeably more abnormal, unexpected or unsatisfying results during those periods.

June-August 2015
    In this period, there was only the blue versions (comment-type highlights only) of the game. The first season was like very satisfying - winning lots of games with satisfying scores, things seem to work and so on. Then the following season, another face of the game started to show up. I did have abnormal results and more than 2-3. What I mean by abnormal is not just a match lost where it should have not, but abnormal things like my team should have won by a much larger score but instead won with unexpected scores. If you remember, at some point I suspected that certain things in the game (like constructions) were having an effect as I observed those bad periods occurring only when some sort of construction was on-going and was at some progress point. In the third season, there were also many unsatisfying things, which finally caused me to quit the game. As an answer now, I would say that some unsatisfying results happened probably due to wrong tactics (formation and orders), and some may have happened due to bad number from RNG and some maybe to a combination of those 2.

March-August 2016 (New Browser Version)
    In this period, the first season I got like as if a new team (tokens, packs but witha 6-star player bearing the last name of the manager). Again, the first season was like very satisfying. The scores were more or less satisfying. There was the 1-2 lets say bad days or bad number from RNG.

The following season, there were more unsatisfying results. Then later, Nordeus made more changes in the game, whereby clicking the bonuses resulted in instant effects like one more goals scored or one or more goals conceded based on what was programmed in the game was being the right or wrong bonus to be clicked. Following the assistant manager was also very helpful at that time as correct actions based his advice resulted into instant positive effects.

Then much later, Nordeus removed or disabled some things, which resulted in nothing much that happened when following the A.M advices or clicking the bonuses. The game became numb. Some things became more evident in association matches. Matches appeared to be on 'playback' whereby the results were already decided before the match was shown to be played. Later, I also did tests using several accounts, making them play friendlies against each other, and I found out that matches were indeed more like pre-determined before the match was being played and doing changes in the game (including following the assistant manager's advice) resulted in no effect on the pitch.

During the two periods, 11/12/2016 - 11/01/2017 and May 2017, what I noticed is that the game seems to be giving preference to a certain team to win a particular competition. I also noticed that a team could say have won a double or a treble in one season, and the very next season this team is like different to that team that was the previous season, and in some cases almost like unrecognisable in some way to say - things don't seem to work for this team and there are noticeably more bad or unsatisfying results; it is as if the game does not want this team to succeed in that particular season.

What is sort of new (but not really new), more like more pronounced, is the way the abandoned teams play and how they score goals against active teams. There is also that relatively high shot efficiency thing. A highlight just appears that shows a player where he shoots and it is a goal. Another example is where the player just run towards goal without any hindrance (that is, the defenders did not make any effort to stop him, as if they sold the match), go past the goalkeeper and slide the ball in the net. I even saw a situation where one player was surrounded by 3-4 defenders but still got through as if the defenders did not make any effort to get the ball of him. Of course if the player was someone like Messi, you can say he dribbled past those defenders, but not in the case of a 3-4 star attacker versus 5-6 star defenders. So, what seems new now is that a strong active team have more chance of losing or getting a draw against an a weaker, abandoned team; also there will be more unsatisfying results, that is, even if the strong active team wins, but the win will not be satisfactory.

Briefly, yes, there are differences in the game between all those periods.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-06-2017 at 03:24 AM.
    Sqltom likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by José Carlos Matias View Post
    i gotta say this......... as a completly joke this situation about GK shooting penaltys........tell me how many of you have train your GK to shoot penaltys....today i had a game were i have a penalty to me and my almost 6 star ST with a shooting % of 202 and a finishing % of 197 misses the target.......ok....sometimes they fail.......moments after with 2-1 to me at min 80 referee blows the wissel and penalty ....ok...fine by me.........when i see the opo GK scoring the goal from penalty i say to me, WTF??????????????????? so that guy had train hes GK to score penaltys??? really??? i dont give a fck about tokens or the new competition going on, but seriouslly??????? is this normal??
    It happens only in Top Eleven. With time, as you see more and more of such things, you will get so used to it that you will laugh when you see them happening against you in matches.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by José Carlos Matias View Post
    I'm glad you brought this up Jose! In top eleven, yes it seems to be. My GK scored a free kick today. 2nd place in my league, his GK scored on both a FK and a PK.

The question I have here is, since Goalies don't have defense or attack skills, how does the engine read a goalie taking an FK? What is substituted as the goalkeeper shooting and finishing skills? Is the game engine designed to substitute in 1% for all skills a keeper can't possibly train? Or does the engine grab a random skill from the same position on the skills (crossing and punching in same spot). So would Aerial reach = shooting and Concentration = Finishing???

Hopefully nordeus can clear up the goalie goalscoring fiasco!!!
    Level 40 Manager

It's all dice rolling. There's no skill or management involved by the looks of it. Just buy the best players and put them in a legal formation and you should increase your chances of winning. This game doesn't promote tactics. All it promotes is pay for tokens; nothing you do when it comes to management makes a significant difference (it's to the point where my team is performing the same if not better when I'm neglecting them). I'm losing more and more interest in this game by the fact that it all comes down to the number crunching. No matter how well you prepare for a match, it's going to push out a pre-determined simulation done by one or two calculations.

I am 100% convinced that the "Statistics" tabs for matches are literally just randomly generated. My statistics for all my games do not even remotely correlate to the tactics I had pre-set for the game. I could set tackling on easy and still get a player sent off. I could set a 10 man defence and still have my opponent succeed with a high efficieny percentage.

For me this game isn't surviving another season and I've only been here for a couple of months, if things don't improve then I don't see any reason to invest any more time on a game that revolves around pseudo tactics.
    Last edited by Van Banana; 07-05-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    Altiplano, madflo19 and pjBS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    What is sort of new (but not really new), more like more pronounced, is the way the abandoned team play and how they score goals against active teams.
    That is absolutely true. This season I haven't attended my matches and I have won all of them. I have attended maybe 3 from the first minute and I've gotten 2 troll results 1 loss and 1 draw. 2 days ago I catch the match around the 75th minute, I was completely dominating the game and the score was 6-0. 2 in-game minutes after my attendance the oppo scores.Of course 6-1 is not a bad result but It was strange and it still reinforces our doubts that abandoned teams become stronger than they should be especially when you are attending the match yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    That is absolutely true. This season I haven't attended my matches and I have won all of them. I have attended maybe 3 from the first minute and I've gotten 2 troll results 1 loss and 1 draw. 2 days ago I catch the match around the 75th minute, I was completely dominating the game and the score was 6-0. 2 in-game minutes after my attendance the oppo scores.Of course 6-1 is not a bad result but It was strange and it still reinforces our doubts that abandoned teams become stronger than they should be especially when you are attending the match yourself.
    last season i won CL without atending.......i was using a second acount to watch the game and seeing the opo managing , trying to win the game and nothing....my team was better all the time........and everytime im present it becomes so dificult to beat a 3 star team.........im a 115% quality team atm with max bonus everyday, training diferent sectores of team evryday.........and the bastards only play well with me off the bench.........3 or 4 seasons ago this wasnt a issue, but now......is everywere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast