Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Van Banana

Thread: An Ideal Transfer Market

An Ideal Transfer Market

First of all this all revolves around the basic principle of making manager-to-manager transactions the primary method of buying or selling players.

I think buying players is one of the most exciting things to do in this game, which is why I love the end of a season and the beginning of a new one. But that does not mean I like the current TM. I think the idea that you're trading with the system takes a lot of passion out of managers. We form bonds with our players and it's important we don't remember that they're just names on a device, because frankly it ruins the immersion.

To start, make away with associations. In my opinion it's unhealthy to all the other aspects of the game and the most it has ever done is encourage players to filling the game up with alternative accounts, most of which get abandoned. If you want to encourage the social aspect of the game, then make it more likely to get paired up with friends in competitions and maybe consider adding a chat or inbox to communicate with strangers. I know the concensus on the forum is that "it will mostly be used for abuse", but then how come every single game or app that has this isn't overrun with said abuse. Additionally I like to think TE has a community of intellectuals and not your casual Clash of Clans player base (which isn't toxic despite catering to every kind of person). Also I don't know why we can't have a chat but everybody is completely fine with the idea of the people being connected to Facebook identitys' completely being open to the entire game, seriously, it should only be able to be viewed by friends only and I consider this a potentially pretty big security problem.

Moving on to the main idea. A better transfer market would be one that involves the selling party as much as it does the buying party. So in my opinion a typical transfer shouldn't be 4 minutes long, it should last 2-3 hours. The process would go from the host listing the player and setting the valuation at whatever he deems suitable for that player (the system itself will put a generic valuation aswell). Along with the listing of the player will be his form and a graph showing his progress in training, also additional things like goals per match, assists per match, matches played should be available. If another manager is interested, he'll make a bid (above or below the valuation) and it'll stay there until the 2-3 hours are over. It's simple. Anyone can place a bid above or below another bidder and when the lister checks the list of bids he's received, he can choose who he wants to give the player to, plain and simple. As for the tokens, everytime you place a new bid, it costs 1 token flat. So if you don't want to waste tokens, you can put a ludicrously high bid the first time and not have to worry about other bidders.

Now why did I mention that the lister can choose who he sells to. Because the TM should only consist of managers from your level, that could even mean mostly managers you'll be facing. The idea is to firstly build competitive leagues of ATLEAST 50% active teams (right now there are around 2 active teams per league) and then to translate that to a competitive TM which will be divided into tabs League, UCL/Super, Cup and then Level. Essentially your competition's listed players for transfer. Because in some tabs transfer listings will be rare, it should be made that they stay there until the player is sold. In the case a listing is retracted, the lister will lose the amount of tokens equal to the total number of times people bid on that player and if the time runs out, the player will be sold to the highest bidder automatically.

So that's my version of the ideal TM. Why I posted this on General and not Suggestions was because I wanted this to be more of a discussion and brainstorm of what we as a community expect and want from a future TM change.

Personally, as I stated above, the most fun I've had in this game was in the transfer market and I think it's essential to this game's long-term survival for each individual manager that it's as refined and interactive as possible.
    Amoun and Altiplano like this.

i say a good suggestion indeed.

Good suggestion, all what I have actuly in TE is TM
    Club: Valhalla
    Purpose : to be football manager and leading my national team

I like your attempts at problem solving but Nordeus' obvious design of this new transfer system is to maximize token usage on transactions while still giving next to no token value for direct transactions and little control over what happens with players once they are listed. The association token bonuses and mini-competitions do close that disparity of how much it costs now to purchase high 5* young players with managers of multiple levels all bidding on the same players If realism was the goal, they would have already implemented a much different system.

But it's a business and people have to eat.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I like your attempts at problem solving but Nordeus' obvious design of this new transfer system is to maximize token usage on transactions while still giving next to no token value for direct transactions and little control over what happens with players once they are listed. The association token bonuses and mini-competitions do close that disparity of how much it costs now to purchase high 5* young players with managers of multiple levels all bidding on the same players If realism was the goal, they would have already implemented a much different system.

But it's a business and people have to eat.
    Yeah but the current system is too heavily reliant on people spending tokens and not cash. People now base their transfer budgets on tokens and not the cash, which is actually bad because why do we have this second currency in the game anyway if it's rather abundant. And when it isn't, we can't really control how much we use of it. My initial idea was to say get rid of the use of tokens in the transfer market all together as it's unrealistically alien to the game and just keep it in TE as what it is, a universal currency for micro-transactions. But tokens is only half of that, in my view tokens also feel like a limited number of moves we can make in a turn-based game, and having that limited number makes the game weirdly fair and makes manager's more conscious of decisions. But the current system employs too much one time token spending and as a whole activity in the TM deminishes because nobody wants to spend their tokens because of a feeling of conservation or simply because they already spent all their tokens. Either way Nordeus isn't going to make money this way. I would be much more inclined to grind or pay for tokens if I knew that every single token mattered, which isn't the case right now because it's more like every 15 tokens.
    Last edited by Van Banana; 07-11-2017 at 08:52 AM.