Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cancel substitution?

Rookie

Cancel substitution?

There's one "feature" which really irritates me from time to time, but today it ruined my chances for CL final. It's the delay between saving a substitution and the time when the sub really comes in...

First CL semifinal I lost 0:3 at home - don't mention I had better stats, so it was just one of those troll results... Second leg today, 0:3 at halftime, everything was going fine. It looked like it's going to extratime, but then really funny last ten minutes came. 83. minute - 1:3, so I immediately made an offensive substitution, CB off, third striker on. 85. minute - 1:4, with this score I was going through to the final. But in 88th the substitution happened, so last two minutes, when I needed to defend, my formation was 3-4-3 and guess what? Yes, 89. minute, goal for 2:4 and I'm out...

In real football such a stupid thing would never happen. What about adding a possibility to cancel saved, but yet-not-made substitution, when the score changes? It would be really nice...
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by petrstary View Post
    What about adding a possibility to cancel saved, but yet-not-made substitution, when the score changes? It would be really nice...
    Well I think (or at least suspect) there is a delay concerning the changes a manager does while being in the game and the actual execution of these orders . I'm not sure whether the game engine could "react" fast enough and undo the substitution. But yeah, it would be a nice feature.

Best,
    Nidd
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    for the reason you explained Nidd, this cannot happen.

I remember few seasons ago, when I sent an order to sub a player, he scored
    and this happened at least 7-8 times at that season.
    Funny

Ah, also a T11 myth - don't sub a defender late in the game.
    You 'll concede a goal
    madflo19 and HairDryer like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Today i had a champions league match,77 minute i made a change,85 minute the player i take him out was shown offside lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    HairDryer likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    for the reason you explained Nidd, this cannot happen.
    Hi Nik,

thank you for your response!

What do you mean by "this cannot happen"? I don't think the idea from petrstary is feasible and I brought some appropriate points why I don't think this feature could be implemented. But what I do not understand is your explanation (see your quote below).

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I remember few seasons ago, when I sent an order to sub a player, he scored
    and this happened at least 7-8 times at that season.
    Funny

Ah, also a T11 myth - don't sub a defender late in the game.
    You 'll concede a goal
    Other then that, I think we are thinking both in the same direction.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    well, every T11 game is divided in 5'-7' time packs and we see them with some delay.
    Orders, re-calculations, live scenes
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    I thought it won't be possible.. even automatic cancellation of any "waiting" substitutions when a goal is scored would be better than this :-)

But another thing which definitely should be possible - assistant manager shouldn't be that stupid in cup/CL second leg matches. I think I don't remember when he last gave good advice regarding the score and result needed to advance. Today again - I lost first leg 0:3 and in some 20th minute of today's game he told me we should focus on defending, as we have won the first leg :-) And the same in quarterfinals few days ago - first game at home was a 2:2 draw and in the second game, when it was 0:0 so I needed a goal, he told me that with current result we are going through...

Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Today i had a champions league match,77 minute i made a change,85 minute the player i take him out was shown offside lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    In the past, I have seen a player that was substituted still playing on the pitch despite that the substitution was done by the game (showed on the highlights page and on comments) , that is, his number and his name labelled on the round thing that represents a player still on the pitch, and he is moving around as if the substitution never happened. If I am not mistaken I reported that on the forum. This season, I noticed it happened at least once.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 06:59 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

The other question that I have is why doesn't the player match appearance count if he is subbed after the 70"minute despite him going in the pitch. Same when a player is injured early in the game. I'm a stats freak and I hate this, even if the player plays 1 minute the appearance should count in his total.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    The other question that I have is why doesn't the player match appearance count if he is subbed after the 70"minute despite him going in the pitch. Same when a player is injured early in the game. I'm a stats freak and I hate this, even if the player plays 1 minute the appearance should count in his total.
    That's not the way Nordeus see it. Your player needs to play at least 20 minutes before he is credited with an Appearance. So the latest substitute 'slot' that would give him an appearance is the 68th minute. Several seasons ago I had a super-sub who apparently hadn't played yet had 6 goals and an assist...
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast