• 1 Post By Palash Mitra
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Altiplano
  • 1 Post By Palash Mitra
  • 4 Post By gizzmo
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Tanking

Tanking

Honestly, how is this even a legit strategy?! How are there no caps, no penalties for losing season after season? How does one even power train the youngest players to that level? I get tanking, but this is just ridiculous imho. Got him in my Cup, so there goes the treble.

Like I was saying in another thread, the only legit options remain to tank yourself or spend **** tons on tokens. Almost like the game punishes you for building a strong team, season after season. Took me a solid while to build a 120+ team with zero tanking, but it's just pointless, really when this & +1 levels are what you come up against every damn season. -_-

So pissing off. Meh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    This asso group is world no1.
    He did a "free" power training with the old loan system and he is staying level every season.
    Maybe you 'll be lucky and play when he has his team with abnormal formation/positions .
    Well, that's the new Cup.
    Same lv or +-1 no matter the quality.

The old system could prevent you from such teams (but managers prefer the new system - I 'm not).
    RedManc7 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    7 months after the association loan exploit was put to a stop and still the effects are being felt.
    I'll bet that butterfly effect never showed up on the roadmap.
    HairDryer likes this.

Yeah I know, the training is largely from the loan exploit. Still he has some 19 - 20 yo's of the same quality, so that's why I was wondering, how he maintains those. -_-

Even with a weird formation, if I'm lucky (which I doubt, since he won both CL & Cup last season), he'd still have a 60% rating advantage ! I honestly doubt there's any way one can beat that. :/

And it's the staying level without any penalty, that's bothersome to me. I get that tanking is a legit strategy for many, within the existing framework of the game & I don't mind that. But the rules need to change imo. Having 150, 180 teams in any competition just skews the entire game up, ruining seasons for those building teams the standard way.

I had 2 - 3 140+ tanking teams in the league & Cup last season. Both forgot to reset their squads to their abnormal formation & almost cost me the league, though I fought tooth & nail to climb back to the top. One of those teams was 158 when I beat them in the Cup final with my ridiculously power trained 140 team. Not everyone can spend rests like I did. And almost no one has a chance in hell of beating a 180+. That **** needs to stop imho. -_-

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    gamer5289 likes this.

Famous
    Tanking token buyer in this case I think.

Famous
    I am wondering what is the purpose of these players. The only acceptable explanation I can come up with is that, in their opinion, this game is an asso game. The rest being just cosmetic. To me, assos are just a pleasant way for earning free tokens. But the game is individual. I seriously doubt that this guy buys tokens. He gets 200 for free every season and does not even play the league. Why would he bother paying ? The real thrill in this game is the treble. Winning only one or two competitions is never satisfying for me.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Some teams just have there their second team.
    (or set the 1st and start playing in competitions with another account).
    FC Dacia Terra and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html