Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: CL Group standing

CL Group standing

So how does it work again?

Isn't GD / GF, GA the deciding factor if points are the same? I had a draw & a loss in my head to head, so I can only assume that's what's been taken into account. But what's the point of the GD then if it's not the priority?

Not that it makes a huge difference who I face. But still, this is weird, no?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palash Mitra View Post
    So how does it work again?

Isn't GD / GF, GA the deciding factor if points are the same? I had a draw & a loss in my head to head, so I can only assume that's what's been taken into account. But what's the point of the GD then if it's not the priority?

Not that it makes a huge difference who I face. But still, this is weird, no?

It's GD for league, away goals for cup, CL on the number of times you've won the CL championships

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Same for me.... Was quite angry. The "direct comparison" (sorry, don't know the english term) between the two competitors is taken obviosly first into account.

As my opponent shot one away goal in our first draw (1:1) and we had only a 0:0 in the second leg he took the first place despite my better goal difference. Did not know that beforehand and tried to secure the draw...

CL Group standing-cl_gruppe_ende.jpg

seems like bug to me..Higher GD team must be placed above

Quote Originally Posted by Scouting
    It's GD for league, away goals for cup, CL on the number of times you've won the CL championships
    I am in season three and I won the CL last season. My opponent who is now on the first place in the group did not win the champions league last season. He himself is now in season 4 (+1 league above me) so maybe he did win it as well once but are you really sure this this is taken into account?

Quote Originally Posted by achiie View Post
    seems like bug to me..Higher GD team must be placed above
    Do you think I/we should report it? I dont want to play in the next round versus the #1 from the other group... Although I guess there is nothing to do but maybe it is really a bug and/or we could clarify the mechanics.
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-05-2017 at 10:09 AM. Reason: I'm in a hurry - many typos, sorry :D

Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post
    I am in season three and I won the CL last season. My opponent who is now on the first place in the group did not win the champions league last season. He himself is in season 4 (+1 league above me) so maybe he did win it as well but are you really sure that this is taken into account?

Do you think I/we should report it? I dont want to play in the next round versus the #1 from the other group... Although I guess there is nothing to do but maybe it is really a bug and/or we could clarify the mechanics.
    Maybe not have won last season but other previous seasons won more number of times than you have.. logic man logic... cheers

Niddhoeggr, nikolgiorgos and Bunzo like this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by Scouting View Post
    Maybe not have won last season but other previous seasons won more number of times than you have.. logic man logic... cheers

I think as I stated above and posted by madflo19 in his link it is this:
    Higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question
    So thanks madflo19 for the clarification. I assumed that too but it sucks...
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-05-2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: wrong quote

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    when someone cannot see a pinned thread about the rules of Champion's League but can see a troll game from miles

CL Group standing-blind-1.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thanks a ton, Madflo. Yeah, makes sense now. I was under the impression that that GD is given higher priority & then head to head is taken into account. Cheers

madflo19 and Niddhoeggr like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast