Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeeves
  • 2 Post By Altiplano

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What happen when you tap a player in the squad menu

What happen when you tap a player in the squad menu

Hey guys. When you tap on a player in the squad menu, an arrow points up, tap again and the arrow goes down, tap again and it reverts to nomal. What do these settings mean?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeoluwapo View Post
    Hey guys. When you tap on a player in the squad menu, an arrow points up, tap again and the arrow goes down, tap again and it reverts to nomal. What do these settings mean?
    Hey Ifeoluwapo.
    These arrows make the player change his active position during a live match.

UP Arrow - This one makes the player advance forward from his current position, effectively changing his Role. e.g. A ML player with the UP arrow will make him go forward and act as an AML player.

DOWN Arrow - Obviously whis one does the opposite

Arrows are good to offset your opponents plans. He sees your formation and acts in accordance with it, i.e tries to counter you. But he doesn't know what your players' specific instructions might be.

1. Now what happens when an ST gets an UP Arrow? - The ST will try to stick as forward as possible. Good if you know you have some good playmakers in your team to pass the ball to him.

2. What happens when an AML / AMR are ordered with an UP Arrow? - They basically run past the defense or try to. Good for a very aggressive approach and taking advantage of undefended sides. If you couple that with an ST who has a DOWN Arrow, he can pull back the defense line of your opponent and your AML / AMR quite possibly might have a field day against the Goal line.

Note: Be careful with the above two tactics though! Your opponent might have set a Off-side trap mentality to his defenders. So keep and eye on the match.

3. What happens when you put a DOWN Arrow on a DL / DC / DR player? - He will stick back as much as possible and won't run out to intercept attacking players early.

I personally tend to play with only 3 Defenders if possible even against formations that employ flanking attacks and I rarely have a problem when I order my 3 DCs to stick back with the GK and go with a Man-to-Man Defence mentality.

You can do a lot under the hood with an Arrow instruction.

P.S. Here's a post where I talked about this and a few other subjects with some more detail.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

In line up or formation?
    How to do that,i am just getting info of player

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by NNSP635 View Post
    In line up or formation?
    How to do that,i am just getting info of player
    This has gone. It was removed when they messed up the squad screen.
    OP almost a year old.
    Bunzo and nikolgiorgos like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes, arrows don't exist anymore.
    They said that it was something similar in new version if putting the players forth or back in the box but it seems that this has no effect at all.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html