Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC

Thread: Players decline with age?

Players decline with age?

Do players decline or slow down their improvement rate as they age or are they pretty much on the up right until they retire?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    tongly45 likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What age is it when they're not worth using up rests? I reckon 25 is too old to expect them to get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    What age is it when they're not worth using up rests? I reckon 25 is too old to expect them to get much better.
    After 23 the growth starts to decline drastically. Invest more in players 18-20
    USARABAT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    After 23 the growth starts to decline drastically. Invest more in players 18-20
    That's what I've found, so I only buy players under 21-years old or train those from the academy.

I have a really fit goalie who's 26, but he doesn't have to run much so might be okay for another year or two. His protege is 21 and once his skills overtake the elder's I'll probably swap them round and make the old guy a sub.

Pro
    if you don't have a lot of tokens every season you can buy 90-95 % players above 26 years old to play for one season and you change them next season and so on ...

Usually the bid war on old players is less than the young ones ... you can get good ones for 5-10 tokens each