Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying poor players to weaken the team ahead of next season

Buying poor players to weaken the team ahead of next season

I've recently spotted a number of players doing this with the obvious intention of bringing down their average rating to get in a weaker cup and have more chance of progression. My friend also seems to think it affects the quality of the league you wind up in too.

It makes some sense to me as 6 of the 14 teams I had in my league started as 4 or 5*, he only had 2 at this point. The winner of the cup I was in was a level 7 who started off with a rating of 32.0. At the end of the cup his rating was 47.3, I think he is now buying weak players to bring it down again...

Does anyone else employ the tactic of having weaker reserves to lower their average score, or is it just the few I've seen?

Apprentice
    for example a lvl 2 buys week players to go to a lvl 1 league is that the case

Quote Originally Posted by lashawn246810 View Post
    for example a lvl 2 buys week players to go to a lvl 1 league is that the case
    No. A promoted team from level 1 will always go to level 2, but they may draw weaker level 2 teams in their league than someone who had been token buying and got a stronger team.

I'm going to do that

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by StarmanNWC View Post
    No. A promoted team from level 1 will always go to level 2, but they may draw weaker level 2 teams in their league than someone who had been token buying and got a stronger team.
    that seems like a good idea... they are out smarting all of us

I'm buying some 3* players to replace some of my players I intend to sell just before end season, when the new season starts those 3* players become 2* and they will be sold and replaced with the players I was going to buy anyways.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I do think it works by brackets in cup. I'm partially against it but this season i was tossed with my starting Q25 into a CUP which had qualities ranging from 35 to 39,5, and it was at the start of season. Nuff said i got off at elimination round. I won't reduce highly my AVG quality but i'll try to get in the Q30-35 threeshold to have at least a fair competition. As i am now i wouldn't be glad to face ppl from 39 to 45, really.

Ehh, dont care about the CUP competiton. My ultra-orthodox greek aka sparta defence made it half-way through this season despite the Q-fact. Eliminated 3 T-buyers teams before we were kick-out on aggregate
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

This is only a probability as server set all competitions based on not only quality but also success...

you dont even have to sell players to lower your teamquality
    if you want to keep all your players you can still lower your quality by buying low 3* players
    it still decreases your quality even if you have more than 22 players and you never gonna give them a contract
    its just slower/ decreases less

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast