Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gamer5289

Thread: Counter Attack

Counter Attack

How does a team manage to ‘counter attack’ against you if you’re playing either defensive or hard-defensive mentality and your entire Defence and DMC all have their arrows down so they stay back and don’t go forward?

I even tried setting my marking to Zonal in case the players got dragged out of position and didn’t go man-to-man. Still got counter attacked. Offside trap off too, so they don’t change out of position. Still the same result. What’s going on?
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

Dreamer
    You roll the dice....sometimes you win .... sometimes you lose.
    The instructions you set just reduces the probability that a counter wont happen.
    It doesnt guarantee it
    madflo19 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    How does a team manage to ‘counter attack’ against you if you’re playing either defensive or hard-defensive mentality and your entire Defence and DMC all have their arrows down so they stay back and don’t go forward?

I even tried setting my marking to Zonal in case the players got dragged out of position and didn’t go man-to-man. Still got counter attacked. Offside trap off too, so they don’t change out of position. Still the same result. What’s going on?
    Low Press helps with preventing counters.

I usually put the trap "ON" against teams forcing counters but am not sure how the trap works.

And as Gamer stated above, counters still occur regardless at times, it's just the probability changes
    Level 40 Manager