Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
  • 2 Post By Anquilis
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy

Thread: So close..... D;

Unhappy So close..... D;

I have almost made the greatest comeback of my managerial career.

First-leg of Champions League QF.

Went against a team of a quality of 118%.
    I had a 112% team and was feeling nervous (obviously) as it was my first Champions League QF in a while.

I couldn't make it for the first game and made a last second change that would ultimately backfire.
    The first leg ended 3-0 to them. I had one red card from my winger. Reason for that is that I put hard tackling even though I put two DMC.

Today, it was the second leg, at home. So I couldn't rely on away goals. Also, two of my players had a red, dropping the quality to 111%.
    I wasn't expecting much, but somehow I was winning 2-1 at the break. I was excited, but I had to still score 3 more goals.

I pulled 2 more goals in a span of 20 minutes, I was 1 goal away to going through, ten minutes left. So I basically threw everything at them, but there was a decision that maybe costed the game.

At the time, I was split on what to put the bonus on for the last 10 minutes. I decided to go put it on defense, since I didn't want to concede, but also didn't want to be sitting back.
    But, the goal never came, last highlight was the other team attacking in the last minute. So they won on 1 away goal.

Gutted, but I felt proud winning over a stronger opponent. There's always next year.

Managers, if you put enough work and set up the right tactics against the opponent, the sky will be your limit.

My next big fixture will be a league game against a team that is good at countering tactics, with a quality of 105%.
    League Table PTS
    1. His team 55
    2. My team 54
    3. Other team 46
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Did your twin brother players score?
    Anquilis and xander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    Did your twin brother players score?
    Neither of them were in the starting 11. Also a few days ago, I think I saw their 3rd brother from another team.
    gamer5289 and xander like this.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

Possession bonus in the last 15 helps consolidate leads. Defense bonus helps with long passing and corner setpieces. Condition leads to more counter-attack opportunities. Attacking gives bonus to freekicks, penalty opportunities and striker/winger dribbling
    Anquilis likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Possession bonus in the last 15 helps consolidate leads. Defense bonus helps with long passing and corner setpieces. Condition leads to more counter-attack opportunities. Attacking gives bonus to freekicks, penalty opportunities and striker/winger dribbling
    Are you sure about this?

I'm deliberately spreading misinformation to mislead you. Condition bonus and hard tackling dont mix either, surefire way to get cards.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Pro
    I'm deliberately spreading misinformation to mislead you. Condition bonus and hard tackling dont mix either, surefire way to get cards.
    How sure are you about this either? Do you really feel bonuses are compatible with certain tactics and incompatible with others? I doubt they are.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    How sure are you about this either? Do you really feel bonuses are compatible with certain tactics and incompatible with others? I doubt they are.
    Total crap, he is bull****ting lol.