Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By KenoticFC
  • 2 Post By Spartan117

Thread: New formation settings

Pro

New formation settings

With just 2 days to go and with many players having league deciders, crucial association tournament and champions League final coming up, and with conventional formations of the previous version no longer effective for most people please share what you've learnt concerning formations in the new version and help other managers. Tactics have obviously changed a lot with the removal of arrows
    The Best of the Best

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    With just 2 days to go and with many players having league deciders, crucial association tournament and champions League final coming up, and with conventional formations of the previous version no longer effective for most people please share what you've learnt concerning formations in the new version and help other managers. Tactics have obviously changed a lot with the removal of arrows
    Everything is changed now . With the new formation screen you have the option to move your players in more positions . The managers who have players that have multiple posititions have a huge advantage . For example : If you have a MC/ML now you can place it between the MC and ML boxes and it will cover both positions . This is more like in real life . If for example you will play a 4 -3N - 1-2 tactic , it will be best that you have MC/ML and MC/MR in your team . The same applies for all other positions , An AMR/ST will be more efficient than an AMR if you will place him in the upper left corner of the box .

I have either learned nothing or I think there is nothing to learn. Yes formations have changed but has the game play and the engine adapted by also changing? I think no.
    I don't mind the fluid formation that much but the bright zones aspect makes absolutely no sense.
    gizzmo and Altiplano like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsunited View Post
    Everything is changed now . With the new formation screen you have the option to move your players in more positions . The managers who have players that have multiple posititions have a huge advantage . For example : If you have a MC/ML now you can place it between the MC and ML boxes and it will cover both positions . This is more like in real life . If for example you will play a 4 -3N - 1-2 tactic , it will be best that you have MC/ML and MC/MR in your team . The same applies for all other positions , An AMR/ST will be more efficient than an AMR if you will place him in the upper left corner of the box .
    When I placed my amr at the top corner close to the st, I couldn't understand his role in the game from the live animation he appeared to be more centralized and he wasn't as effective as he was in my 451v formation in the previous version though he's an st/amr he appeared to be playing the role of an amc

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    When I placed my amr at the top corner close to the st, I couldn't understand his role in the game from the live animation he appeared to be more centralized and he wasn't as effective as he was in my 451v formation in the previous version though he's an st/amr he appeared to be playing the role of an amc
    Yes , you are right , maybe that possition close to the ST is more suitable for an AMR/AMC . The similar position to the old one I think is in the middle of the box , maybe a bit down , if you put it right in the middle it will be seen by the engine in the match preview as a ST . I've made a lot of simulations to observe this.

Rookie
    This new layout is obsolete bull****. No tactical indicator. Ui lauout that gives more head ache than simplified. Players out of position does not know where to run where to cross when to attack when to defense.

Just bring back simplicity method in previous layout. I have never had any complaint for previous layout because its perfect already.

I play for fun. For relax. Not to head jammed with all nonsense complexity.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    I have either learned nothing or I think there is nothing to learn. Yes formations have changed but has the game play and the engine adapted by also changing? I think no.
    I don't mind the fluid formation that much but the bright zones aspect makes absolutely no sense.
    Formations may be more fluid, but it didn't actually change, it's Arrows that changed. Right now I'm trying to relate the current settings to the arrow settings of the previous version.

Concerning Arrows we were told that if u put the up or red arrow on a player he plays a position one step higher up the pitch and vice versa for down or blue Arrows. We use this new version to confirm that this was indeed true, if you play a 41221 formation and u move ur aml/amr to the extreme top you would notice that ur formation will change to 4123w so I guess all those of us using 451v formation with the red Arrows were actually playing a 4123w formation.

However we also have the option to move our players more towards the middle and we've not accounted for this in setting up our tactics
    Rebelsunited and KenoticFC like this.

That are still some doubts that need to be clear and sadly I can't experiment in the last 2 most important match of the season. For example take a plain 442 formation. when you move your DR and DL forward to the edge to simulate arrows up the game will consider the defenders line up as 2-2 instead of a plain 4 this means the DR/DL are playing as DMR/DML's (this was an illegal formation you needed minimum 2 defenders) but now the game does not tell you that it is wrong.
    Other thing is when you move your MC back near the DMC position you will see that the zone gets slightly brighter, this basically is the same with all positions.