Page 108 of 203 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Addicted
    I'm getting mad, its happens to me over and over:
    Season 39-cdb397ftfdzd68507.jpg

Better team? Check (Quality of the playing teams: 30.3 vs 21.3)
    Right formation? Check (Both threads in the formation/tactics forum say 4-4-2 counters 3-2-3-2)
    Better possession? Check (Dont know when I didnt have better possesson last time ...)

Winning? go **** yourself FC Zeon!

If this would happen once I dont mind, but it happened to me so often lately. And with two losses against weaker teams I could really drop out of CL after group stage, I have to beat the other strong guy in the concluding game (Q26.9 vs my 27.8).

And on the other side my second account team wins 6-0 and 5-1 in two games in 1h with an even team to the opponents, even without me watching. Like I cared.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    4-1-2-1-2 works against 4-1-2-3?

Interesting...

Never do 4-5-1 v against it, you'll get owned.
    Ya i felt that in season 3 lol. Anyways, basically you cover everyone in his midfield and spar an extra AMC to attack freely (see Becker scoring twice, he's my AMC SS). 3 forwards can be tricky but i believe they are not if you hold a better Q defense (his FWs were 30ish while my defense averages 44).

^ Candidate for the Vent Thread? ;-)

So it's another easy win for Feeder AFC in the league, dominating possession 76-24 and recording 23 shots at goal with 9 on target. The 6-0 win gets us to 44 goals in out first 9 games and still a 100% record

Season 39-t11-latest-match.jpg

Very pleased with James Watson's performance - he netted four himself and set up another 2. This kid will go far!
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Apprentice
    I kept my hopes on the CL group win alive by winning 8-0 against the weakest group member.. its all up to goal difference now, and my rival for the group win had 1 more goal before we both have the last two games against the 2 weak teams... lets see if he can keep up with this! I guess he will put some extra effort after he sees my result, and he gets the more defensive of the 2 weak teams first.

no injuries either, so a perfect game.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

I do not like negotiations and promised myself i'd just refuse everything right away.

But...

Dis is appealing. If only i could have a spare ML/AML around before it expires D;

Looks like a good offer Morgan...

Assuming a) you could do with the tokens and b) you can do without the player
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    I do not like negotiations and promised myself i'd just refuse everything right away.

But...

Dis is appealing. If only i could have a spare ML/AML around before it expires D;
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Looks like a good offer Morgan...

Assuming a) you could do with the tokens and b) you can do without the player

Refuse the offer... I know your on that new server and it would be HELL trying to get a replacement for him for less than 10T.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Refuse the offer... I know your on that new server and it would be HELL trying to get a replacement for him for less than 10T.
    I don't know what it's like on different servers, or indeed with much higher levels, but generally if you are bidding at an off-peak time surely it's possible to get a low 5-star player for only a few tokens

But like I said, it more depends on whether you need the tokens and if you need the player. If you use a left mid and you only have one other in your squad probably better to keep hold for a while, improve the player and sell at the beginning of next season when auctions go mad - again, assuming you have/can get a replacement/improvement
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Sorasak FC 2-8 July Fourth Champions League Group F Round 5
    Sorasak 90.2 Wierd Asymmetrical Formation - July Fourth 107.5 3N-1-3W-1-2

I didn't pay too much attention to this game since my forum league account was playing their league game simultaneously to this rather less important CL match here and I named a strong team beacuse we were full up on fitness here, We took the lead early through Hardy but the home side staged a shock 20 minutes to score twice to lead 2-1 through Crooks and Durojaiye before eventually as expected we took control of the game by Michu, Papaleo and O'Sullivan getting on the score sheet, I setup 3 subs for half-time and left the game to concerntrate on my forum league account, Zidane as a substitute in the second half scored a hatrick before L.McNamara made it 8-2 late on.

Goals: Hardy (5) Crooks (10) Durojaiye (29) Michu (32) Papaleo (43) O'Sullivan (45) Zidane (55,71,72 HAT) L.McNamara (81) MOTM: Michu.
    dv8r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    I don't know what it's like on different servers, or indeed with much higher levels, but generally if you are bidding at an off-peak time surely it's possible to get a low 5-star player for only a few tokens

But like I said, it more depends on whether you need the tokens and if you need the player. If you use a left mid and you only have one other in your squad probably better to keep hold for a while, improve the player and sell at the beginning of next season when auctions go mad - again, assuming you have/can get a replacement/improvement
    He is on a new server that has a TM full of 3* and nothing else so it makes sense not to sell because you wont find an easy replacement. An offer like that made on my server would be a no brainer to sell the player.