Page 167 of 203 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Addicted
    Today saw an indifferent display against FC Slatina in the League, but eventually managed to get through with a 5-2 victory in an unusually dirty game, with Goncalves (1), Arianto (1), Szabo (1), Toume (1) and Ebeye (1) scoring the goals. That now makes it 21 out of 21 with 5 games to go. Could Rhondda Rovers not only win their first League title, but achieve perfection in the process?

Unfortunately, a defensive opposition saw Rhondda Rovers fall to a 2-1 away defeat (even though they are quite a bit weaker than me), with the only plus being an away goal to take back home in the CL 2nd leg. Nicholls was our goalscorer. I will need to go back to the drawing board and think how to breakdown a 5 man defence (A 5-3N-2 formation was used against my 4-4-2 Classic). As I need to chase the game, I think I will need to go as attacking as possible with the best available players.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Ouf, tough! I´m in the same spot, nothing you can do about it, but accept it. Just go "all-in" in the return and hope it goes well, we both have the "benefit" on playing the 2nd leg at home.
    Yes, I made a slight mistake earlier I was playing those friendlies for boosters farming and in one of the friendlies I didn't hit the save button on the squad changes before hand so instead of starting with reserve players, I started with my first team players, I left the room and I didn't notice until I got back in the 60th minute and made the changes, so my players started the game with conditions around 77%. But even still, I've won many games where my players start with 77% or so condition like that. Won't happen in the 2nd leg, We will be ready and we will have more possession too with playing at home.
    PeterMeter likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    1-1 away is not a bad result. He must score, with a better team and the possession bonus at home it wont be that easy for him.

you cant win every match 5-0^^ (well some guys here can..)
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    1-1 away is not a bad result. He must score, with a better team and the possession bonus at home it wont be that easy for him.

you cant win every match 5-0^^ (well some guys here can..)
    Yes they must score. But if they do manage to score first, it then puts us on the back foot and a second away goal from them could finish it off against us. Yes we are strong favourites but our last 2 performances at home in the CL have been poor (0-0 draw and a 2-1 win) so they will feel that they have a good chance of over coming us. But on the performance we gave tonight in the 1st leg. We should of been beaten 3-1.

Monday. Matchday 23.

LEAGUE. Round 21.

Result: SATORU FC 0-5 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Webo 8, Webo 29, Andersson 32, Duggan 44, Zola 54
    M.o.M: Stig Andersson

Our season of inconsistancy continued, with this comfortable win. Man of the match, Stig Andersson was our hero, scoring once and assisting for two more. Pierre Webo opened the scoring with a solo run and shot, after just eight minutes. Webo collected his second after taking a through ball from Andersson just before the half hour. Andersson added a third, a couple of minutes later, heading home yet another precise corner from Andreas Costa. Andersson then set up Terry Duggan for our fourth, just on the halftime whistle. Nine minutes into the second half, Adam Zola conjured a goal for himself to virtually make the game safe. For the last 35 minutes though, we slumped back into our sloppy side, and the goals dried up. Fortuneately, our hosts couldn't capitalise on our ragged play. The win puts us 3rd in the table, two points behind the joint leaders.

TEAM TALK.

We have signed a new MC, (Dylan Baker), but are not going to press him into playing this season, unless we really have to. He is a scout level, just 5 points off of world class. So he will start next season as a 6* player.

Our DL/DC, Andreas Costa continues his brilliant season, making another goal today (his 18th assist), and there is talk of him winning our "player of the season award", although other players have more MoM's than him. (He has 5 though).
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Addicted
    both your poor results would let you advance^^

but ofc you are right, its not a done deal. I prefer my 3-1 away, thats pretty much done.
    Last edited by Zeon; 04-29-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    PeterMeter likes this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    both your poor results would let you advance^^

but ofc you are right, its not a done deal. I prefer my 3-1 away, thats pretty much done.
    I'm sure we can play better in the 2nd leg, just alter my tactics around to make better use of the extra possession I will get from playing at home.

Pro
    Actually felt for my champs league opponent yesterday. Previous round he had, against all odds, defeated the competition token buy (10 quality better than himself). He was defo one for the watching so played the away leg yesterday with (3W-2dmc-3W-1-1). Ended up falling asleep and when i woke up id thrashed him 4-1. When i checked the highlights he had watched the game but was 3-0 down after 30mins before hed tried to do anything about it.

Tbh cant really see him turning it around but im digging my new formation!

Just beat my biggest rival & friend (FC Kula) with 0-3 away, this means that the 2nd place is more or less ours!

Btw, got 2 of my MC:s injured (first in the 1th half and the second in the 2nd half) both out for 2-3 days... Managed to play with DMC:s instead

CUP semifinal, 2nd leg in 5hours.... Gonna go & reload now
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

The perfect night!

Yesterday I had 2 very important matches.

The League big match against the other team in 1st position.
    58/60 pts for both but he was 1st for goal difference (+96 vs +93)

In champions, the semifinal.

Results: 5-0 in champions and, though the matches were scheduled few minutes after, 2-1 in league (f**k you nordeus )

It was a great night!
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2