Page 178 of 203 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Champions League Final K.O. Time Announced and Remaining Fixtures

We have been rather fortunate to find out that our Champions League Final Kicks-Off at 4.02pm (UTC+1) which is 1 hour before our away league game at bogor fc who have the capability of ending our unbeaten season on the penultimate league game this season, but since being league champions already, we are lucky to be playing the far more important Champions League Final before as winning a trophy is far more than finishing the league unbeaten since being unbeaten would only be one for the record books, Todays League game should be a walk in the park for our team and Revelation on Saturday afternoon on the final round of fixtures could give us a game since they are improving in form late on. Seems like the Revelation manager has spent some tokens on transfers and getting the team ready for a promotion/CL top 4 finish in L17 next season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    Cup final in about 2 hours. I'm stoked!^^
    July Fourth likes this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    Cup final in about 2 hours. I'm stoked!^^
    I've played in 4 cup finals now, all under the old system, but you must remember I was considered a underdog in those cups too with being a lower level than the other best teams in the competition, I can remember my first cup final in L11, playing a team 3 levels higher and 15Q more than me, I set my team up rather defensively with a view to counter attack and try to get an early lead and try and frustrate my opponents for the rest of the game, but sadly as expected they scored 3 times in the first 20 minutes and the reverted to my normal style afterwards and the game finished 4-0 but it was a respectable performance in the end. I knew I didn't have much chance but just gave it the best shot I had, I did overcome a stronger team than me in the Semi-Final to get into that Final.

As for the current cup format, You manage to make it through to the late stages you know you've got a great chance with playing similar quality teams to your team. On a old server in the lower levels you will encounter a lot of abandoned teams from 2 or 3 levels above, but because they are abandoned player morale will be low and teams not looked after, chances are that you will progress.

Addicted
    Never played in the old system, but I imagine it was even more frustrating than the new sometimes^^

I was kinda lucky in the new system, with most opponents slightly worse than me. I improved my team quite a bit since start of the season, which helps me too. The hardest opponent was the crazy token buyer in the semifinals (who was a level below me^^). Now in the final I'm the favorite, but only by about 4points, so everything is possible. I hope my striker continues to do well, he got quite good ratings in the last few games (8-9-9-8-9). I hope he isnt pissed I gave him a break in todays league match
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    It´s a "close one". Don't give up hope. I managed to "snitch" the league trophy from the league leader last season in the 23rd round after beating him away... Think he was so pissed
    Yes, but I don't have any matches against them.
    Team: Presheva FC

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    Never played in the old system, but I imagine it was even more frustrating than the new sometimes^^

I was kinda lucky in the new system, with most opponents slightly worse than me. I improved my team quite a bit since start of the season, which helps me too. The hardest opponent was the crazy token buyer in the semifinals (who was a level below me^^). Now in the final I'm the favorite, but only by about 4points, so everything is possible. I hope my striker continues to do well, he got quite good ratings in the last few games (8-9-9-8-9). I hope he isnt pissed I gave him a break in todays league match
    The old cup system was a downer for the new players that were put onto old servers, they get drawn against the highest ranked teams in the preliminary rounds and were easily eliminated from the competition, but however the the lower ranked teams did recieve a huge pay-off just for playing these 2 games. I can remember getting something like $2.5M at L2 which was a fair amount of $ to buy some players, but most managers would prefer the chance of glory rather than a good $ payoff and a fairer chance of winning the cup.

I made my way up from the lower levels to one of the higher ranked teams in the old cup format and when I started to win the cup (with the help of some power training) Nordeus change the format and I now get screwed by playing teams 1 or 2 levels above me that are active managers that never bought a token before on this game, that isn't fair isn't it?

Another easy 4-1 win in the league makes us pretty sure we ll end up 25-1-0 in the end, disappointing.

NEWS: Karl Heinze Schneider finally woke up from his slumber having been in the last 3 matches a true Panzer, with 7 goals and 8 assists. very probably replacing the tired Johnny Mason for the CL final and last League matches, hoping to avoid trolls.

With him being potentially on 7* adding sps, next season we count on him being the first 8* player in New Team. We will look for MAX 2 new players and 1-2 scouts (GK-AMC), and the club has announced that during the trip to Gemany 275 tokens were raised free with sponsor's offers. The club will add a further 500 T for the upcoming season which most likely will take us nearing 900T in frw days, most of which we ll be able to spend on PT.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Another easy 4-1 win in the league makes us pretty sure we ll end up 25-1-0 in the end, disappointing.

NEWS: Karl Heinze Schneider finally woke up from his slumber having been in the last 3 matches a true Panzer, with 7 goals and 8 assists. very probably replacing the tired Johnny Mason for the CL final and last League matches, hoping to avoid trolls.

With him being potentially on 7* adding sps, next season we count on him being the first 8* player in New Team. We will look for MAX 2 new players and 1-2 scouts (GK-AMC), and the club has announced that during the trip to Gemany 275 tokens were raised free with sponsor's offers. The club will add a further 500 T for the upcoming season which most likely will take us nearing 900T in frw days, most of which we ll be able to spend on PT.
    Here is an interesting question, will you be joining Baku Storm in the same league next season?

Addicted
    Yesterday saw Rhondda Rovers nearly get trolled by a bot team in the league (even if it was against my backup), but managed to win the game 3-2 after they equalised twice and got two injuries in the centre of midfield. That is now 23 of 23 though the remaining games do look tough.

Unfortunately, our CL match against Cules did not go so well as we drew 2-2, but lost the tie 4-3 on aggregate. I know it was going to be one of those matches when Jorgensen managed to beat the defence in the 5th minute, passed it to Arianto, my best ST.....................who put it over the bar. From there, they scored an unlikely goal to get the away goal, but two goals from us managed to make the game 2-1 and possibly extra time, but in the 77th minute, Cules scored another and that was that. Basically, if the ratings were anything to go by, our midfield was utter gash, as everyone got 7's and 8's (including the MR), but my two MC's got a 4, while my ML got a 5. Very bad day at the office. Cules FC will play Fdd FC in the final, the latter I managed to beat twice in the group stages, so I'll be damned if I'm letting them have the title easily, so will be aiming to support Cules to CL glory after dumping myself and another team of equal strength out in the previous round.

Today sees me play Manchester United 248045904509345444 in the league, so I'm hoping my team will vent their disappointing loss on them later on.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

League update: FC Kneipenkick (39.6) - Redzone (29.8)
    Today we welcomed 2nd place redzone from Romania. The away side could beat us 2-1 two weeks ago (it were the screwed days), so we were very motivated and fielded a 3W-4-AMC-2 against his 4-4-2 to pressure him. Upton (12.), Decker (26., 47., 54.), Kunz (71.) and Tonseth (72.) made it a comfortable 6-0. So we lead the table by 9 points and 59 goals and are League Champions !!!.

Season 39-leaguestandings.jpg
    July Fourth likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -